ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

How much of a distraction will it be to have JoePa there on Saturday?? If he really had the best interest of his football team and school at heart, he would spare them the embarrassment and step down now.
This seems to be his problem...becoming interested more and more in himself.

This seems to be his problem...becoming interested more and more in himself.

BECOMING interested more and more in himself? Chances are extremely good that Paterno wanting to protect himself and his university were the reasons the police were never called when Paterno first found out what Sandusky did back in 1998 and 2002.

Paterno cared more about himself and Penn State than he did about the kids.

Sandra

Last edited:
dvrexpander said:
I don't believe he had any part in this...but he should retire. Prob best thing for Penn St that he is going to leave but they need to hire good to fill that spot...which I'm curious as to choices they are looking at?

The 1st supposed "air apparent" is Al Golden from the U. Supposedly before he was even at Temple...he was a starting TE at PSU, then was the LB coach at PSU and Paterno's recruiting coordinator. I think even before The U's own major issues, he had an out clause that IF the PSU job became available, then he could buy himself out of the U's contract.

The 1st supposed "air apparent" is Al Golden from the U. Supposedly before he was even at Temple...he was a starting TE at PSU, then was the LB coach at PSU and Paterno's recruiting coordinator. I think even before The U's own major issues, he had an out clause that IF the PSU job became available, then he could buy himself out of the U's contract.

Golden maybe...if I was him and it was offered damn right, leave that sinking ship of the U as fast as I could :D

BECOMING interested more and more in himself? Chances are extremely good that Paterno wanting to protect himself and his university were the reasons the police were never called when Paterno first found out what Sandusky did back in 1998 and 2002.

Paterno cared more about himself and Penn State than he did about the kids.

Sandra
I hear what you're saying Sandra. He's certainly not doing his beloved university any favors now by staying on the sideline this weekend. They all are going down now, so there's probably no one in charge who wants to step forward and stop him I suppose.

Last edited:
I had so much respect for JoePa, and now I find out he was an enabler of the most vile monster there is. :mad:

I literally feel sick to my stomach. :(

I had so much respect for JoePa, and now I find out he was an enabler of the most vile monster there is. :mad:

I literally feel sick to my stomach. :(

He actually told Sandusky not to bring kids to the university, but did not call the police. What Paterno is really saying is...'just don't do it here'.

Sandra

I don't believe he had any part in this...but he should retire.

Huh? If he spoke up when he knew what was going on, many young boys would have been spared of that monster. Maybe he didn't do the evil act, but he could have help stop it from going any further.

Like Castle Rock Kid said, he needs to be gone NOW!!!

I don't believe he had any part in this...but he should retire. Prob best thing for Penn St that he is going to leave but they need to hire good to fill that spot...which I'm curious as to choices they are looking at?

Are you freaking serious???????????

He enabled that sick bastard Sandusky since 1-9-9-8. He was still allowed on campus as of last week.

dvrexpander said:
Golden maybe...if I was him and it was offered damn right, leave that sinking ship of the U as fast as I could :D

The Miami scandal, once the punishment is doled out, will last a few years in recruiting and bowl appearances and such, but the stench of what the university administration did...and in this case, DIDN'T DO...might take a decade if not longer, to go away. The SMU death penalty situation as well as Miami's will pale in comparison as far as the black eye applied to the university.

If you don't think other coaches will not use this on parents to prevent a recruit from going to PSU...then you really don't know much about the recruiting game.

JoePa should be gone this week. All he ever cared about was the university.

Plus this whole thing that he told his boss about what happened, I say BS. He is the boss at Penn State. Back in 2004 the president and the AD, went to his house to fire him and he told then to get out of his house and they would never fire him.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

cybok0 said:
JoePa should be gone this week. All he ever cared about was the university.

Plus this whole thing that he told his boss about what happened, I say BS. He is the boss at Penn State. Back in 2004 the president and the AD, went to his house to fire him and he told then to get out of his house and they would never fire him.

And ANYTHING that goes on in the football program, from players to coaches to the exact amount of Gatorade to have for the players during the game...he knows about. From what I have read, he it that maticulous about details.

salsadancer7 said:
And ANYTHING that goes on in the football program, from players to coaches to the exact amount of Gatorade to have for the players during the game...he knows about. From what I have read, he it that maticulous about details.

Not just football, everything about that university he has his hands on.

I think Urban Meyer is going to be the next coach.

salsadancer7 said:
If you don't think other coaches will not use this on parents to prevent a recruit from going to PSU...then you really don't know much about the recruiting game.

I guarantee other schools will be telling families no to go there, I bet Pitt is just waiting to tell recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Week 5 Picks (Thursday Game)

Detroit Lions legend Alex Karras has passed away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)