Excellent (11898-V 22000) Poor (12145-V 22000)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

industry_state

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Hi,

I have 30" dish with an old Samsung LNB.
I have been having signal quality issues with a specific frequency (12145-V 22000) where the signal quality is not stable (jumps randomly between 0%-65%), but the signal strength is good and stable (65%). Other frequencies, such as (11898-V 22000) has stable quality & strength 65%.

I tried to use a new LNB (I got the same issue of jumping signal quality, but with all frequencies). I also tried a new cable (direct line from LNB to receiver), but the issue remained the same. Could it be a faulty receiver (Samsung DSR 3700)?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

For FTA a 30" dish is a bit on the small size. But it is doable. The varying Q is an indication that the dish needs to be better aligned. The solid S 65 just indicates that the LNB is connected. You could point the dish at the ground and still the S will be 65.
What sat are you pointed at?
Some TPs will be stronger than others. Pick the weakest TP and try tweaking the dish for max Q.

For FTA a 30" dish is a bit on the small size. But it is doable. The varying Q is an indication that the dish needs to be better aligned. The solid S 65 just indicates that the LNB is connected. You could point the dish at the ground and still the S will be 65.
What sat are you pointed at?
Some TPs will be stronger than others. Pick the weakest TP and try tweaking the dish for max Q.
I am pointing to Galaxy 19. Could it be an issue with the receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

which elevation scale?

What bird did we get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)