Excellent (11898-V 22000) Poor (12145-V 22000)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

industry_state

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Hi,

I have 30" dish with an old Samsung LNB.
I have been having signal quality issues with a specific frequency (12145-V 22000) where the signal quality is not stable (jumps randomly between 0%-65%), but the signal strength is good and stable (65%). Other frequencies, such as (11898-V 22000) has stable quality & strength 65%.

I tried to use a new LNB (I got the same issue of jumping signal quality, but with all frequencies). I also tried a new cable (direct line from LNB to receiver), but the issue remained the same. Could it be a faulty receiver (Samsung DSR 3700)?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

For FTA a 30" dish is a bit on the small size. But it is doable. The varying Q is an indication that the dish needs to be better aligned. The solid S 65 just indicates that the LNB is connected. You could point the dish at the ground and still the S will be 65.
What sat are you pointed at?
Some TPs will be stronger than others. Pick the weakest TP and try tweaking the dish for max Q.

For FTA a 30" dish is a bit on the small size. But it is doable. The varying Q is an indication that the dish needs to be better aligned. The solid S 65 just indicates that the LNB is connected. You could point the dish at the ground and still the S will be 65.
What sat are you pointed at?
Some TPs will be stronger than others. Pick the weakest TP and try tweaking the dish for max Q.
I am pointing to Galaxy 19. Could it be an issue with the receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts