Excellent install experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oswald

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I read so much griping and complaining on this board (and I fully understand that this is the nature of such boards) that I wanted to post about my very good install experience yesterday. I had D* installed yesterday (already have E*, but need the BTN) and a tech named Chris handled the install. He installed a 5 lnb dish, where I wanted it, ran four cables off the dish with connections and ran two cables under the house to the tv. I only ordered an H20 right now (until my contract with Dish ends), but he made it very easy to set up a multiswitch to operate DVRs in the future. Very professional, took about 1.5 hours and to top it off, provided his tech # and the local installer's number in the Directv booklet (which I thought was also a good customer service policy). Anyhow, not much of substance here, but I was very happy with the installation and wanted to express a compliment for someone in the industry!

i know there are a lot of horror stories with directv installs but i posted the excellent installation i received when my slimline dish was installed. at the time, i only had an hr20 and my old h10 hooked up. i've since added another hr20 plus one of my tivo units. while those 2 installs weren't as great as the first one, they weren't shabby either.

The installer of my 5lnb was clueless. He said to set it up for 3 lnb because it will just keep searching for satellite with 5. I guess since I dont recieve HDLIL yet? Ive heard there was a formula for picking up the new sat location but I didnt even attempt to mention it to this guy. I guess when the new sats start broadcasting to me I will have to do it myself. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, this guy insisted that I set up the output to stretched as well. He didnt understand that HD doesnt have to stretch to fill the screen. Oh and he didnt deactivate my old Hr10-250. Found that out the next day when my sons SD reciever wouldnt work correctly. :rolleyes:

The installer of my 5lnb was clueless. He said to set it up for 3 lnb because it will just keep searching for satellite with 5. I guess since I dont recieve HDLIL yet? Ive heard there was a formula for picking up the new sat location but I didnt even attempt to mention it to this guy. I guess when the new sats start broadcasting to me I will have to do it myself. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, this guy insisted that I set up the output to stretched as well. He didnt understand that HD doesnt have to stretch to fill the screen. Oh and he didnt deactivate my old Hr10-250. Found that out the next day when my sons SD reciever wouldnt work correctly. :rolleyes:

Guess you should have gone with FIOS after all!!!

When I originally looked at this thread today, I saw:

"Excellent Install Experience" and a quote from Vurbano ....
And about fell over !!!!!

Then realized it coudn't possibly be his thread ... almost went into shock :shocked

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)