D* website

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Can any of you guys find where it is on D*'s website that you can look at your actual programming thay you are currently subbed to.

Whenn the changed the website awhile back they changed the format.
You use to be able to find helpful info right on the main page like : your programming, what they were charging you, if your on a 1-2 year commitment, what rec's you owned vs leased ect.

Now it is next to impossible to find this info.
I could have swore that when I got my HR20-100 the CSR said that it was an OWNED piece, the original one, -700 I know is leased and I am expectingthat they all are...

Another thing, I bought my H10 obviously awhile back, I will need to upgrade to something new for the mpeg 4 signals soon (bedroom set up), seeing the H10 is owned, any chance that the upgrade, whatever it may end up being will also be owned ?
I am trying to avoid the H20's -100,-600 due to the various issues each has had. I was considering a Third HR20-700 or -100, I don't really need the DVR on this TV , but feel much better with them than the H20's. I really don't want to pay another $ 200 either.

Any advice ?

Jimbo

You have to click on "MY Directv" Then click on My Account all the way to the right top. and Sign in. Then go to my programming. Or register if you have not.

You have to click on "MY Directv" Then click on My Account all the way to the right top. and Sign in. Then go to my programming. Or register if you have not.

I see, My Account, but not My Directv.
Yes I am registered ...

These are the options under My Account :
* Pay My Bill
* View My Bill Online
* Set Up Automatic Monthly Payments
* Update My Profile
* Manage My Email Subscriptions
* Change My Programming
* Upgrade My System
* Parental Controls
* Online Assistant

Now where ?

Jimbo

Sign in ,And there are options to the right of the screen. Not the left!! The right.!! They say :::
MY ACCOUNT
MY PROGRAMMING
MY PREFERENCES
MY SYSTEM

Sign in ,And there are options to the right of the screen. Not the left!! The right.!! They say :::
MY ACCOUNT
MY PROGRAMMING
MY PREFERENCES
MY SYSTEM

Yes, I have been here, (sorry, I had to run last night)

When you go to the "My Programming" (which is where I would expect it to be) you get the next set of options :
Change Programming
Order PPV
Now premiering on D*

Then when going into "Change Programming" you get THIS screen :

Equipment Validation for Change Programming Request

If you are considering Local Channels with your programming package, you will need to have an additional DIRECTV Receiver with the Advanced Program Guide® (APG).

To confirm you have this receiving equipment, you should be able to tune your DIRECTV Receiver to channel 495 or 496, which displays a message at the bottom of the screen.

Can you tune to either of these channels?

Yes or No

I really don't want to change programming or even get to a place where it thinks I want to, I just want to see what is on my program that I am paying for. I have HBO (3 months ) I want to make sure I'm not paying for it now, I may shut off after the 3 months, I'm sure they hope not, but without being able to see it, I won't know.) Also what orriginally started me thinking about this is , I was wondering if the ST billing was kicking in now and wanted to see if the ST SF was on my list or if I needed to call in again.

This is a lot harder to access than it should be, Come on D* , make your site easily accessible to get to important pages, perticularly seeing you NO LONGER send out paper copies of our BILLS. :down

Heading to work, be back this evening ...

Jimbo

Last edited:
Click on View activity since your last bill and most of what you have will show up there.

Here you go Jimbo, click where the arrow is on this picture.

Attachments

• jimbo.jpg
    jimbo.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 151
Here you go Jimbo, click where the arrow is on this picture.

When I do that I get this screen :

Current Programming
Choices: ---

Change or Add Programming
Order Pay Per View
Current Pay Per View Orders
Parental Controls
Package Comparison
Learn More About Packages

Go to My Programming
My Preferences

Name: xxxxxxx xxxx
Preferences: ---
Update Profile

Account Profile Settings

Personalize Program Guide
Personalize miniEPG

Go to My Profile
My System

Installation Address: ---

Add or Replace Receiver/Remote
View Orders
Reschedule Installation Date
Update Room Location

System Manuals
Programming Remote Control

Go to My System

Jimbo

I guess this is the best that can do ...

Still doesn't address your equipment and if you lease or own though.

Jimbo
As of March 2006 ,as far as I know Unless you paid full price for your equipment,you never will own it. Your still leaseing . You may only have a 2 year agreement ,but if you cancel after 2 years you still have to give the equipment back.You just wouldn't have to pay early termination fee.

As of March 2006 ,as far as I know Unless you paid full price for your equipment,you never will own it. Your still leaseing . You may only have a 2 year agreement ,but if you cancel after 2 years you still have to give the equipment back.You just wouldn't have to pay early termination fee.

Yes I agree, but that doesn't tell me how much time I have left on my contracts ...
I have a few that I own and a few that I lease...
Heres a novel idea that D* COULD do, if they wanted to be nice.
After your 2 year commitment is up, drop the lease fee (we know that they won't do that now, they make too much money off it)
OR
They could at least make it an OWNED unit after the 2 years is up.

But I doubt that they would consider that either.

btw, I put in a request when I spoke with them the other day, to look into splitting up the HD and the Fantasy portions of the Super Fan for the NFL .... I bet the HD would still be high and the Fantasy portion would fail miserably, which is why us ST HD'ers will probably continue to pay for the fantasy user.

Jimbo

That is method I have always preferred if they stay lease; consider it lease unless the unit is purchased full price up front, BUT after the 2 year commitment is becomes owned. I guess like Verizon's 'new every 2' program.

That is method I have always preferred if they stay lease; consider it lease unless the unit is purchased full price up front, BUT after the 2 year commitment is becomes owned. I guess like Verizon's 'new every 2' program.

I agree, after the two years it should revert to being owned by the sub.

Charper you have a PM.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts