excellent website for fios news

i wonder how long it has been available. i just happened to notice the link to it when i was checking out verizon news today. you guys are right, it has all the info, right from the source.

and if you guys notice, much of the stuff longhornxp reported a while ago is there.

korsjs said:
i wonder how long it has been available. i just happened to notice the link to it when i was checking out verizon news today. you guys are right, it has all the info, right from the source.

and if you guys notice, much of the stuff longhornxp reported a while ago is there.

Yup and I also said at some point very soon all this info would be available as it is.

I signed up to. With my luck it will be 10 years....(If I live that long)

I signed up to. With my luck it will be 10 years....(If I live that long)

true,hope it wont take that long for our area also, and the sad part, about this so called verizon site linked here about what is fios up to...that,it doesn't update with any new information for s*it,i been waiting for month for it to update, atleast i don't notice anything new....its kinda sad we get more info out of people than the so called "straight from the source" site...

true,hope it wont take that long for our area also, and the sad part, about this so called verizon site linked here about what is fios up to...that,it doesn't update with any new information for s*it,i been waiting for month for it to update, atleast i don't notice anything new....its kinda sad we get more info out of people than the so called "straight from the source" site...

They used to be better. They had maps on Long Island with proposed dates for the rollouts planned. But like you my section of the Island was not planned. THe site now only has comments about each area as it rolled out but nothing particualarly new about new areas coming up. I signed up about 2 years ago for the notification, but haven't received any notice yet.

Strange that they advertise so heavily sounding like it can be ordered now, rather than even mentioning that is limited in where it can be ordered.:(

Even more frustrating is the fact that I have had Fios internet for 14 months now and am still waiting for the tv to be available. I live in Ronkonkoma in the Town of Brookhaven. I have friends that live in Ronkonkoma in the Town of Smithtown (we're talking 2 blocks) that within the last 3 months can now get both internet and tv.

Even more frustrating is the fact that I have had Fios internet for 14 months now and am still waiting for the tv to be available. I live in Ronkonkoma in the Town of Brookhaven. I have friends that live in Ronkonkoma in the Town of Smithtown (we're talking 2 blocks) that within the last 3 months can now get both internet and tv.

Billy, it has to do with which central office your connection is serviced through. It is very curious that they can offer Fios Internet and not TV. Are you sure that you are not recieving your Internet over copper/DSL?

There are some central office upgrades that have to take place to deliver the TV signal down the fiber and there has to be a large demand for it befire they 'make the investment'.

In any case, hang in there. I am sure that it is just around the corner. Keep calling as they do a lousy job of notifying people when it does become available.

It could be a franchising issue.

You mention two different Towns. Smithtown may have reached an arrangement with Verizon while Brookhaven hasn't. I live just outside a town that was among the first to set up a franchise arrangement with Verizon, but my area didn't. I had FiOS but couldn't subscribe to TV while people a few blocks away had it. The arrangements are now in place and I can subscribe.

In most places Verizon has to negotiate with each jurisdiction to allow carriage of TV. Some jurisdictions play hardball and try to get more for the coffers than others. That could be the case in your situation.

California recently enacted a law that allows Verizon to negotiate a statewide franchise, simplifying the process of getting the needed authorizations.

It is a franchising issue. Very frustrating becuase no one can or will tell you anything. So it may be a week away or it can be months away.

Whats pathetic is that Rhode Island is ONE of the smallest states
They "celebrated" getting fios in 2005?!
5 years later - I still cant get it! THAT is service! I'm stuck with blazing SLOW dsl..

My relatives in S Kingston are in the same situation. They are in a development right off South Road, but everything is underground in their development. Verizon came into the development and stopped after partially doing the conduit work. So no idea when VZ will come back and complete the area. Meanwhile all around them, where everything is aerial, one can get FIOS.

Time to unstiky this tread or update the links. The old links to Verizon websites no longer work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts