exchanging vip 211 for dvr?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
i've had a vip 211k and a vip 612 dvr for about 4 years and they belong to dishnetwork.i would like to replace the 211k with a single tuner dvr like the 612 or something similar.will dish do a exchange or do i have to buy one ?

You could do an exchange for the 612 or pay the one-time activation of $40 to make the 211 a DVR at no extra monthly cost :) .

if a single tuner dvr is all you want/need, why not just get a external drive for you 211k? there is a $40 activation fee and the cost of the drive, but they will be offset by not having to pay a dvr fee.

edit or see above post as they are a faster at the type than me:)

if a single tuner dvr is all you want/need, why not just get a external drive for you 211k? there is a $40 activation fee and the cost of the drive, but they will be offset by not having to pay a dvr fee.

You guys do realize he's ALREADY paying the DVR fee on his 1st 612 he already has...
IMHO, he'd be better off just upgrading the 211 to (another) 612; f/$3 more/month, he gets 2 tuners on the new (2nd) 612 DVR... ;)

You guys do realize he's ALREADY paying the DVR fee on his 1st 612 he already has...
IMHO, he'd be better off just upgrading the 211 to (another) 612; f/$3 more/month, he gets 2 tuners on the new (2nd) 612 DVR... ;)

You are 100% correct, would help if read the post.:)

u say upgrade to a 612. will dish take my 211 in exchange. if the 2nd 612 is a duel tuner will i get charged extra each month for the 2nd tuner

u say upgrade to a 612. will dish take my 211 in exchange. if the 2nd 612 is a duel tuner will i get charged extra each month for the 2nd tuner

It is a dual tuner, but only supports one TV, so the cost will be $10 a month as opposed to $17 for a 2 tv receiver I believe.

i'm no longer under contract with dish will they do a free exchange or would i have do another 2 year contract to get a free 612

I think it's pretty certain they'll want a contract renewal. Why give out free equipment for use with nothing in return?

You guys do realize he's ALREADY paying the DVR fee on his 1st 612 he already has... IMHO, he'd be better off just upgrading the 211 to (another) 612; f/$3 more/month, he gets 2 tuners on the new (2nd) 612 DVR... ;)

I said at no extra monthly cost. Up to OP if the extra $3 a month and agreement renewal is worth it for the extra tuner.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)