Existing customer ordering Sling Adapter and Online rep promised a 99 dollar gift card

I agree with you on the DISH PPV prices... but a lot of people are ordering them so they have no real reason to lower the prices.

Personally I think if they lowered the prices a lot more people would order and would make th em more revenue.
Dish lowered the VOD price to .99 on a few titles for a few days last summer in an apparent experiment to gauge interest at the lower price. From the feedback in a thread here, it was pretty popular. Have you heard any feedback from your Dish contacts about the results of that promotion??

bobvick said:
This is not years later. I did not say that they should refund us in money, but they could offer some programming discount token. It is typical Dish Network though.

Here is something free, call Dish and get Cinemax free for 30 days. But that probably won't be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I currently have a Sling HD Pro hooked up to the TV1 output of my 722. Do you think there'll be any software conflict if I hook up a Sling Adapter to TV2? Can the two different software applications (stand alone Sling Media with HD Pro and Dish Sling online) coexist? TIA

I never understood this gimmick that Dish does..You pay so much for something and then they return it to you in monthly allotments or in Debit/Credit cards. Why they heck do they do that other than getting to keep the money if the customer does not redeem it? Why not just give it to customers free with out all the hoop jumping?

I never understood this gimmick that Dish does..
A "gimmick" ? That's like asking why people don't pay cash outright for a car or house, for example, vs making monthly payments. It's spreading payouts over a time period. Sure, Dish has the cash to pay people on the spot but they're a business and have to make a profit. They've got that "cash" sitting in accounts making more money or being invested elsewhere.

It always helps to look at things from "the other side".

No the Sling Adapter and 922 can not be viewed with the Standalong Slingplayer software.

I have a 922, and I use Sling software version 2.0.3.508. I just have to click no when it ask if I want to update to the newer version. I prefer it to the web software. I don't like fumbling through the site and the grid to watch something. With the Sling version it tunes directly to my TV 2 and displays the 32.0 remote onscreen.

But you dont get the HD stream that way. Also that way will be going away when they full move to the new streaming.

Most people want to watch the best quality stream, not the worst one, which is why I dont recommend watching via the stand alone software.

I have a SAMSUNG IMPRESSION phone.I was wondering if it will be compatible with the sling adapter,or is it just for I-PHONES now?Thx.

gatekeeper said:
I have a SAMSUNG IMPRESSION phone.I was wondering if it will be compatible with the sling adapter,or is it just for I-PHONES now?Thx.

Just iPhones and Androids. A basic phone dosen't work.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the SatelliteGuys App

But you dont get the HD stream that way. Also that way will be going away when they full move to the new streaming.

Most people want to watch the best quality stream, not the worst one, which is why I dont recommend watching via the stand alone software.

Are you suggesting that watching through the web provides a better viewing experience than though the standalone software?

Are you suggesting that watching through the web provides a better viewing experience than though the standalone software?
I played with various versions of the Sling Player until I was blue in the face. What Scott said I believe to be correct. The standalone players will not display the HD stream. If we want the HD stream, we are stuck (for now) with DRA. :(