Existing customer ordering Sling Adapter and Online rep promised a 99 dollar gift card

singhnx01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Southern California
I just placed the order for sling adapter through online chat and rep told me that I will receive $99 gift card in mail withtin 7-10 days. Can DIRT team confirm this? Here is copy of conversation

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Sofia (ID:KX2): How may I help you today?

Navtej Singh: Hello Sofia

Sofia (ID:KX2): Hi Navtej.

Navtej Singh: I have a question about the

Navtej Singh: Sling Adapter

Sofia (ID:KX2): Please go ahead.

Navtej Singh: I heard from the Dish Summit

Sofia (ID:KX2): Okay

Navtej Singh: that It will be free after the Dish rebate of $99

Navtej Singh: Customers have to pay 99 diollars for it

Navtej Singh: but they will receive 99 dollars in gift card

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes

Sofia (ID:KX2): I will be happy to assist you with your request.

Navtej Singh: Can I do it ?

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes, you need to pay $99.

Navtej Singh: I know that

Navtej Singh: Am I eligible to receive 99 dollars in gift card?

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes, you can place the order for it.

Navtej Singh: after i pay for it

Sofia (ID:KX2): One moment please.

Navtej Singh: is it for new customers only

Navtej Singh: or for existing customers also?

Sofia (ID:KX2): Let me check that for you.

Navtej Singh: thanks

Sofia (ID:KX2): In 7 - 10 you will get the gift card and use it for paying the bill.

Navtej Singh: so its for both existing and new members?

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes, you are correct.

Navtej Singh: I didn't find this information anywhere

Navtej Singh: is it avaiable now

Navtej Singh: or I have to call back?

Sofia (ID:KX2): I am sorry this information with the customer service department.

Sofia (ID:KX2): I place the order for you right away.

Sofia (ID:KX2): Shall I go ahead and do that for you?

Navtej Singh: What if I have auto pay with credit card

Navtej Singh: how am gona use the gift card?
Sofia (ID:KX2): Auto pay and paperless billing you having on the account that is for HD free for life.
Navtej Singh: I know that

Navtej Singh: my question is about the gist card

Sofia (ID:KX2): You use this when you are paying the bill.

Navtej Singh: am paying the bill with credit card

Navtej Singh: as I am on auto pay now

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes.

Navtej Singh: I am okay to place the order but I just want to make sure that I will receive gift card in mail

Navtej Singh: and also able to use it

Sofia (ID:KX2): One moment please.

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes, you will receive the gift cards in mail you can use the card in doing the payments even though if it is in auto pay.

Navtej Singh: okay

Sofia (ID:KX2): Shall I go ahead and do that for you?

Navtej Singh: Sure

Sofia (ID:KX2): Thank you.

Navtej Singh: but please confirm with ur supervisor first about the gift card

Navtej Singh: I odn;t want any confusion

Sofia (ID:KX2): Yes, I did that already.

Send your phone number or account number in a PM, and I'll pull the chat transcript to see what it says.

Just an FYI, we're not supposed to talk about business changes that have not happened yet, but I will say that we are NOT offering the rebate card at this time (Scott also answered a question about existing customers being eligible).

It will NOT be available to exiting customers.

I asked this many many time and got the same answer each time.

Is dish network going to make any offer to those of us who were stupid enough to actually PAY for a Sling adapter?

Also please remember that besides this promotion being for NEW CUSTOMERS only this new promotion does not start until May 18th. I know DISHSTORE.NET has had a lot of calls with people wanting to sign up today to get the deal. The deal has NOT started yet.

Is dish network going to make any offer to those of us who were stupid enough to actually PAY for a Sling adapter?
Why ? That's like someone paying $1000 for one of the first models of DVD players and then wanting $900 back years later because they sell for $100 now. Early adopters pay more....

Agree. I paid the $40 bucks for the EHD authorization. I would like it to have been free, but I got good use out of it all this time.

Hall said:
Why ? That's like someone paying $1000 for one of the first models of DVD players and then wanting $900 back years later because they sell for $100 now. Early adopters pay more....

This is not years later. I did not say that they should refund us in money, but they could offer some programming discount token. It is typical Dish Network though.

If Dish said they'd do something for people who bought within the past 6 months, people who bought it 7 months ago would complain. Or, if they offered a programming discount, people would claim it's insufficient. No matter what, Dish can't win in a situation like this...

I totally understand the offers changing from time to time but hey, let's make it fair and stop jamming it to the long-time, existing subs, with all this new customers only stuff. Enough already Dish. :rant:

If your not happy then pay your early termination fee then go to DIRECTV where they will do the SAME THING to you. ;)

New customers ALWAYS get better deals as they want to sign up new customers. Existing customers are already customers, they have been hooked and reeled in. No reason to spend money on a fish you already caught.

With that said, it would not surprise me to see some kind of deal for existing customers over the next few months. ;)

As I go to newspaper websites and such and see the dish online adds looks like they are really zoning in on the tv everywhere and also saying they have more HD choices then Netflix

They do have more choices with Netflix, plus have many new movies available 28 days before they are available via Netflix or Redbox.

When they add in the Blockbuster stuff they will be a major force in the Movie business.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They do have more choices with Netflix, plus have many new movies available 28 days before they are available via Netflix or Redbox.

When they add in the Blockbuster stuff they will be a major force in the Movie business.

Yes, appears that is the area they are really focusing in on

Yea hopefully they will come down on their PPV.$5.99 is way to much for a movie.You can almost buy the movie for a little more.Bluray movies have started to come down since their first debut.If Dish would come down on these PPV prices I for one would be more willing to rent PPV.SD ppv shouldnt be no more than $1.99 a movie.But until that time I will just stay with Netflix......

I agree with you on the DISH PPV prices... but a lot of people are ordering them so they have no real reason to lower the prices.

Personally I think if they lowered the prices a lot more people would order and would make th em more revenue.

I agree with you on the DISH PPV prices... but a lot of people are ordering them so they have no real reason to lower the prices.

Personally I think if they lowered the prices a lot more people would order and would make th em more revenue.

Definitely would make more $$$$ if they lowered their pay per view prices. They are the highest in the industry. You can always make more money on volume of customers than on price alone. If more people rent your pay per views ,then you make more money, than if a few rent them and pay more per pay per view to watch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts