Existing Customer-Upgrade to EA- Locals Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I remember reading way back when Eastern Arc first came out that existing customers who Dish upgraded to EA lost their local channels during the "transition" period. Is this still the case or has Dish corrected it? My local HDs are only available on an EA satellite and i would have to upgrade to EA if i wanted HD

from looking at thelist on EA you have the HD channels for the Big 4. The rest are SD but they are now also on EA so you are all set

They are also in SD on 110 satellite so you would need a wing dish if you went that route

you have me confused with the 110 route....what would i need a wing dish at 110 if everything i need to go to Cincy HD locals(big 4 currently) along with the sd content is on EA?

you wouldn't need the 2nd dish...I just threw it out there

I was just saying the Cincy SD locals are all on 110
The HD is on 77W (Eastern Arc) and the channels that are not the Big 4 are also in SD on 77W

thanks....but the unanswered question still...is...would i temporarily lose the local channels between the time i would order EA and the time it is installed? I know this was an issue when EA first became available...maybe my original question wasnt worded correclty..

They used to have to turn off the locals to be able to enter a work order for installing locals into the computer. I have no idea whether this is the case any longer or not. They were supposed to turn them back on after entering the work order as I recall. I didn't lose locals when they did mine. Inquire when you place the order. Also while you're on the phone with the CSR, have your TV on and see if they actually turn them off. You can protest while on the phone if they turn them off. There are some CSRs around the boards who ought to know the skinny for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts