Existing Customer Wants to Add HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevelite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I am into 4th month on my 2 years contract when I signed up with HD receivers. I want to replace one of these receivers with HD-DVR by upgrading. I was told that my current contract will be replaced with new 2 years contact.

This makes no sense to me, but is this the way things are done?. I want HD-DVR, but do not want to extend. This is the case regardless where I purchase HD-DVR receiver (other retail stores or with DirectTV). Stupid.

All new receiver activations reset the current contract.

SD plain receivers are 18 months.

All DVR / HD / HD-DVR are 24 months.

It will just restart the clock - you're only 4 months in, consider yourself lucky in that.

I was 3 months into my contract when I got my HD-DVR, DVR cost me 200 bucks, contract extension will cost me a maximum of 60 bucks. So 260 bucks, not bad, for one thing, and DEFINITELY worth it. VOD alone if worth the 260 bucks, in your case 280. Not to mention the pure and simple enjoyment of watching TV without schedules or restrictions. It's bliss.

Besides, with D* already having one more bird up than E*, with another to come, There's no way those rat bastards can compete with us for at least another 2 years.

EDIT: Somebody should probably mention the reason they force you to do all that is because the DVR costs significantly more than they charge you for it. It costs them something on the order of 400 bucks, and they're only charging you 200. It makes perfect sense therefore for them to ask you to commit to something in return.

Hmm interesting.. since dish charges like 75 dllrs - 100 dllrs for the receivers and a 2 year contract..

wow i would never pay 200 dllrs to expend my contract :S

but well if thats what they charge us.. oh well :S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts