Existing Geezer Customer - Looking to Upgrade

For clarity: you can't multiplex the Hopper/MoCA signal with your OTA antenna lead like we could for the VIP series.
I actually figured out a way to get OTA/MoCa/Sat-feeds on one coax using hybrid taps as diplexers, along with a band-pass filter to avoid MoCa leaking through the antena. Really dumb weekend project, would not recommend because besides adding multiple points of failure, the signal loss for OTA signals was significant, but usable (without any sort of amplification, was getting around 60 UHF channels on a separate coax run, now down to about 40 with the diplexers). MoCa/Sat was surprisingly unaffected (besides the loss from the Tap’s). Reasons this is possible is because my locals are mostly on UHF with frequency’s in the low ~600MHz (again, possibly bad idea because don’t know if it’s like that everywhere) which doesn’t collide with Dish’s implementation of MoCa (675MHz-850MHz)

Holy s—…
Oh, I forgot to mention that within two minutes of the "Tech" arriving, he whipped out a Power Strip, boxed and ready to be sold, and gave me a sales pitch.

I pointed out that I already had a large capacity UPS carrying each Dish Receiver, associated TV, and associated Receivers. Far better protection then his Pwr Strip.
PS Still waiting for that call from Uncle Charlie and also from the local Service Supervisor.

Oh, I forgot to mention that within two minutes of the "Tech" arriving, he whipped out a Power Strip, boxed and ready to be sold, and gave me a sales pitch.

I pointed out that I already had a large capacity UPS carrying each Dish Receiver, associated TV, and associated Receivers. Far better protection then his Pwr Strip.
PS Still waiting for that call from Uncle Charlie and also from the local Service Supervisor.

Unfortunately the techs are rated on how much they sell in accessories, not how competent they are.

Unfortunately the techs are rated on how much they sell in accessories, not how competent they are.
Well, from what I’ve heard it’s both. And that underperforming on either one aspect gets you sent home. Also heard of really good techs getting fired for being “unprofitable”

Feedback from me! (The OP)

On the 722 my wife deleted all OTA Channels from the scanned OTA's. Note this is not the same thing as deleted the entry on the Guide.

I deleted all of the 722k OTA Signals from the Guide - leaving them scanned in. The same problem remained - seemingly random Loss of Signal 00-00-00 .
I deleted all of the OTA's from the Scanned List except three OTAs that I do view - all have fairly strong signals.

We have had ZERO Signal Losses since!

The Field Tech Supervisor cancelled my visit because I did not agree to waiting three weeks for a Service Call - not on a problem that was identified last February. He kept talking over me and will be the reason I left Dish if my research guides me there! That and clueless Customer Service Techs.

I want to thank you all for the help provided here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)