Expermenting With The 3688

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
This is directed to members that have a Satworks 3688. Because you have to enter a satellite for each band, C and Ku it is a pain. Example, if you want to watch KUIL and the NBC feeds on AMC 4 you have to have AMC 4 set up twice, one for C and one for Ku. I had up to 32 entries on on the satellite list. This causes all kind of problems. If you do a blind scan and don't have the right one matched to what satellite you are on, you loose what you had stored. Also if you scan a satellite that stuff is edited and stored on it will revert back to the original labels. You can also delete channels by accident. Do you get the picture?

Well, I got to thinking about what I do with the Quali TV, satellite 1 for C and satellite 2 for Ku. I don't pay any attention to the other satellite names. I thought if this works on the Q, why won't it work on the 3688. So this morning I got up, did a factory default and whipped that baby clean. I then picked and entered AMC 1 for Ku and AMC 2 for C Band. I then entered ALL of my Ku FRs on AMC 1 and ALL of the Cs on AMC 2. I noticed that you could store up to 60 FRs per satellite, I have about 15 to 20 on each one. To take it a step further I entered Astra 1A and Astra 1B to do my scanning, 1A for Ku and 1B for C. I have re entered everything, about 80 channels and have done some scanning. Everything seems to be working fine. It's nice to have only 4 satellites to mess with instead of the 30 some I had before. The reason I am telling you this is that I am rather proud of myself for coming up with this idea. It took me about 20 minutes to write down all the FRs and SRs and about 2 and a half hours to enter and it them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts