explorer 3250hd setting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neynme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hi,

I have a explorer 3250hd box, how do I set it so that it will not upscale everything to 1080i. I want my tv to do the setting, but it seems the box is making everything 1080i. I have tried turning off the box and pushing info and guide at same time and do advance setting. I selected all the resolution, but when i view it it only shows 480i even with hd. How do i make it auto? I have also select auto dvi for picutre format.

Hi,

I have a explorer 3250hd box, how do I set it so that it will not upscale everything to 1080i. I want my tv to do the setting, but it seems the box is making everything 1080i. I have tried turning off the box and pushing info and guide at same time and do advance setting. I selected all the resolution, but when i view it it only shows 480i even with hd. How do i make it auto? I have also select auto dvi for picutre format.

You should have an option to set it to "passive" this will let the box automaticly change it to use whatever format that channel is broadcasting. Antoher option is under the "settings" buttun of your remote you can change the aspect and broadcast format in their just scroll through the list.

Under the settings on the remote i changes aspect to "auto dvi", is this correct? I still see everything at 1080i,

Under the settings on the remote i changes aspect to "auto dvi", is this correct? I still see everything at 1080i,

If im not mistaken if you are useing the DVI or HDMI output of the box it in most tvs HAS to be 1080i or the tv will not read it. So if your useing those outputs from the box you have to let it stay formatted as 1080i depending on your tv....

Is there a better hd box for tampa area? This box makes my tv sees grain, it's very grainy and I see little be of halo effect on dark scene, is this normal? Is there a better box?

Is there a better hd box for tampa area? This box makes my tv sees grain, it's very grainy and I see little be of halo effect on dark scene, is this normal? Is there a better box?

I doubt its the box doing it, probley a setting but Im not familiar with the boxs in Tampa, Im sure they use the SA 3250 which is a nice box, or the PACE box which is also decent.. Best bet is to have a tech come out and check it out. Its free afterall and it keeps you from wondering and getting frustrated. No since having poor service if it can be fixed FREE =)

The 3250HD DVI output was always soft. The SA8300HD looks better - CableCard even better.

I had a cable card before, but I just got a new sony xbr3 and it doesn'thave a slot. I agree that the cable card looked really good. The SA8300HD is the DVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts