Express Vu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bowtieman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
This is a Canadian satellite company with quite a few HDTV channels currently running. They currently offer both east and west coast feeds of CBS and ABC, with PBS occasionally. If you live in the United States you will need to buy this service from an address broker such as Freeway Support because it is illegal in Canada to knowingly sell DBS services to residents of the US. However, from what we understand, it is not illegal to receive Canadian DBS signals if you reside in the US.

Can anyone give me information on how this works. Is it worth it?
Finally, can you get HD from the networks using this service?

Bowtieman said:
This is a Canadian satellite company with quite a few HDTV channels currently running. They currently offer both east and west coast feeds of CBS and ABC, with PBS occasionally. If you live in the United States you will need to buy this service from an address broker such as Freeway Support because it is illegal in Canada to knowingly sell DBS services to residents of the US. However, from what we understand, it is not illegal to receive Canadian DBS signals if you reside in the US.

Can anyone give me information on how this works. Is it worth it?
Finally, can you get HD from the networks using this service?

Bowtieman
I have ExpressVu. Don't go through Freeway. They cost too damn much. Go through TVM..
Yes they do have HD feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS and a few more. The only network feeds are Seattle & Boston. They cost 9.95

You buy the equipment from someone (kusat or canamsatellites). You would have to go through a broker (TVM, Freeway, etc). I know TVM charges $50 a year and $10 a change (that's who I have). They (the broker) sets you up on credit card pay. Bell charges your CC in Canadian $$, but its converted to US $$ (some cc companies charge a 1.00 conversion fee).
The minimum programming is the "locals", which consists of feeds of CBC, CTV, Global, A-Channel, various other channels (weather, some PI channels, shopping, 30 music channels) & 2 "themes". I personally have locals, Sports & More Sports and I love my system. A lot of the network programming is on CTV & Global. They also allow "timeshifting", since there are multiple feeds of each. Sometimes the shows are on an earlier day or time, so you can see your favorite program when you want to..

go to expressvu.com and check out some of the programming they have. I perosnally like the theme options..you have a lot more flexibility. So if you arent a sports fan, you don't need to get sports.

Hello Iceberg

All I am looking for is the major networks coming from back east. I am in a very bad area for ota. Actually it's next to impossible due to mountains surrounding me. I have direct and get the locals over sat. but no HD on any of them.

How do they setup the install for people in the states. do they provide you with a box and dish. I will have a Dish 500 in a week. Soon as Direct comes out and takes it down to do their install. Do they do the install or do you have to get someone local to do it.

Sorry for all the questions. Really do want ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX and PBS in HD and love the ability to be able to timeshift.

Setting up a Dish 500 for ExpressVu isn't too hard to do. I had a Dish500 installed for Dish 61.5 (for one local channel at the time). I just repointed it. Took 5 to 10 minutes to have it working. You could have an private installer do it, but it is rather simple.

The equipment you would have to buy outright. www.kusat.com has the equipment you would need (6000). They would send it directly to you.

As for the programming, TVM would handle that.
They do all the managing of the account (since ExpressVu's Toll Free won't work in the US). There is a form that you fill out and fax to them. They will get it all setup and bill your credit card.

I love the timeshifting myself. Also love the CBC for "Hockey Night in Canada"

BellexpressVu offers excellent programming i use TVM never had had a problem at all. im curious im thinking of upgrading to the 6000 will www.kusat ship to US? also i have to upgrade to get NIM. 2 satellite for HDTV and extra channels. DO I NEED to install a second dish or can i upgrade teh one dish i have? :confused:

If you live in the states, it's not illegal to aquire expressvu signal. Don't waste your money on 3rd party compaines subscribing to VU, get a silverbullet and you don't have to worry about ecm/jtag/data speeding up.

LINK http://www.sat-toys.com

The problem is you can not get hdtv with this unit. If you get bell/6100 HDTV you will notice that bell uses 3 birds now/nimiq1 and 2 and dtv3 because of some transponder failure's on nimiq 2 and more hd is coming.

Attachments

• expressvu 6100.jpg
    expressvu 6100.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 191

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts