extended programing view?

rbaines

May 25, 2010
Glenview, IL
Hi,

I've been with DISH for about 10 days (Comcast refugee). One thing I found useful with Comcast was the ability to select one channel from the guide and get a vertical list of the future programing on that channel. It would list about 10 hours of programing on one screen and could be scrolled one item at a time or by page. This made it very easy to view several days worth of programing and plan ahead for watching, recording etc. Does DISH have some hidden way of doing that? I haven't found any obvious way.

First, Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Second, no, there's no way to do that (that I know of). Would be a nice feature.

Handy shortcuts while in the guide:
- the 30 second skip ahead button on remote jumps the guide 24 hours ahead
- the 10 second skip back button jumps backwards 24 hours
- to go X hours in the future, I think you enter the number & then press the FF button (??)

Handy shortcuts while in the guide:
- the 30 second skip ahead button on remote jumps the guide 24 hours ahead
- the 10 second skip back button jumps backwards 24 hours
- to go X hours in the future, I think you enter the number & then press the FF button (??)

Number of hours to move then:
The right arrow/browse button for forward,
or: the left arrow/themes button to go back.

One thing I found useful with Comcast was the ability to select one channel from the guide and get a vertical list of the future programing on that channel... Does DISH have some hidden way of doing that? I haven't found any obvious way.
Well, IMHO a vertical list of one channel is confusing as hell, when the full guide normally shows time horizontally. You can indeed view future programs on a single channel, though horizontally, by use of the Right/Browse button. This brings up an info banner for one channel, though I admit that it doesn't show very much time in advance. You can use the right (or left) button to go further forward (or back) in time on a single channel. Up and down buttons change the info banner to different channels. Or just bring up the Guide display as others have mentioned.

Bob,

Not looking for a particular program, but what's on a particular channel, without the distraction of the rest of the grid being on the screen. For example, I could select the Turner Classic Movie channel and see:

8p-10p movie A
10p-1a movie B
1a-3a movie C
etc...

You can get through a week of programming information very quickly in this format. Oh well... I guess I'll learn to live without it.

Oh well... I guess I'll learn to live without it.
You've got it! (See my post above.) It's just horizontal and not vertical. If it doesn't show enough info for you, just hit the Info button and that window pops up too. These are transparent so you can still watch your current programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts