Extending PTAT stop time

redsalmon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Soldotna AK
Just had a hopper and joey installed and have a quick question. Is there any way to extend the PTAT stop time past the normal stop time. I see it is defaulted to 10:01 (our prime time is 7:00 to 10:00) Almost all broadcast shows run at least 3 minutes long. I don't want to have to use additional tuners for specific shows if I don't have to.

Unless programming has been delayed by an event running over prior causing a delay in the start of the primetime programming, primetime WILL end by 10:00. The networks are NOT going to delay the start of the local news time.

Unless programming has been delayed by an event running over prior causing a delay in the start of the primetime programming, primetime WILL end by 10:00. The networks are NOT going to delay the start of the local news time.

Maybe where you live, but in Alaska the network shows always end late. The local stations insert commercials into every show. I've timed commercials on the local CBS station at 4 1/2 minutes, in a row. Most every night the local news starts at 10:03 or so. I believe this is because the stations record everything to start at the proper 7 PM start time. It has nothing to do with the networks delaying the local news start time.

What I would like to know is if the stop time for the whole block of PTAT can be extended, not just the individual shows. If not, maybe this ought to be made a feature in future software.

Originally PTA ended at 10:05 and they changed it for some reason. Only DISH can change the timings.

Here, in Ohio, it amazes me that the start/stop times can't be closer to the real clock time. I can watch the end of a program on one channel and switch to another, and
catch the last few seconds of the last commercial and the "ending" of whatever show is on the second channel, like the last blurb on 2 1/2 men or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)