External Hard drive from one 722k to another.

Arcade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Beaumont, TX.
If I store shows on an external hard drive connected to my 722k, and then for some reason have to get a new 722k, will my recorded shows on the drive be able to play on my new dish box? Or does it have to be re-formatted all over again?
Just curious.

Just replaced my 722 in Feb and I had access to all my programing stored on my EHD. The one thing is that at first nothing will be sorted on the EHD. Not until you have at least 2 episodes of the same show stored on the internal will the EHD be sorted.

Upgraded my 622 to 722K July 2 years ago, last month swapped 722k with bad HDD for replacement no problem with EHD in either case.

One thing that prevents a few headaches is allowing both receivers to be on the account and active when the receiver is replaced, at least until the EHD is authorized on the new receiver. I have seen it where the old receiver is removed at the same time as the new one added, and it takes some time (once, it was overnight) before the new receiver did not try to format the EHD. Just wanted to give an FYI.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
I just got my Western Digital 1TB My Book Essential up and running last night.
No problems at all.
The Dish Tech was going to replace my 722k but they were out of stock both on his truck and at the warehouse. So I still have my old 722k up and running.
Another quick question.
Is there a better way to get to the shows on the hard drive other than pressing Menu 4,2,1?
It would be great if there was an option from the DVR button. Am I just dreaming or am I missing it somewhere?

There is. DVR 5(My Media) 2(My Media) then either 1 or 2, depending on what you want to do.

Thanks for the tip. It is hard to remember to hit the menu button to get to the EHD.
Hopefully future updates will put it on the same screen and the Dish box hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)