External Hard Drive Q

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have a 722k arriving tomorrow and Im gonna use it in my room and move my existing 612 to a extra bedroom, my question.. I have a external hard drive to back up my 612 recordings, can I move them to my 722k ones its activated on my account? The 612 will still stay on the account as well if that makes any difference. I just wanted to ask before I transferred everything from my 612 to the hard drive.

Yes once the 722k is activated, you should have no problem moving from the 612 to the external hard drive and then to your 722k. IF you do have any problems call dish tech and talk to them .

I had a problem moving my HD from my 622 to 722k. Dish Tech Support said they were not compatible. NOT TRUE! If you have trouble (e.g. a pop-up message asking you to reformat, say NO!), ask them to resend your authorization to your HD. If they ask for the error number, give them 787, which is receiver not authorized. As soon as they rehit my receiver with the authorization, I've been able to move my HD back and forth between the 622 and 722k.

I had a problem moving my HD from my 622 to 722k. Dish Tech Support said they were not compatible. NOT TRUE! If you have trouble (e.g. a pop-up message asking you to reformat, say NO!), ask them to resend your authorization to your HD. If they ask for the error number, give them 787, which is receiver not authorized. As soon as they rehit my receiver with the authorization, I've been able to move my HD back and forth between the 622 and 722k.
excellent thanks allot for the tip!