External Hard Drive Wont Format - Caught in a Loop

jeremybe

Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
NH
So I received the new software and plugged in the external drive I was using with the 622 - The 922 tells me the external usb hard drive needs to be reformated, fine, I select ok, it looks like its formatting for 5 seconds and then pops up the same this external device needs to be reformated message and I cant get the drive to work...

Any ideas?

Try rebooting the receiver and then try to plug in the external hard drive. Let it recognize it and then see if it will format. IF not you have a problem that tech department might help you with.

I just had a problem with 3 EHDs I've been using on a 622 and a 922. The 922 suddenly told me they were for another account. I just unbundled and thought that might be it. The 622 told me they were paired with another receiver and gave the option to make them accessable by the 622. I tried it and the EHDs now work on both receivers with all recordings saved.

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk

It depends on the format of the drive. I use a simple solution in windows. Right click "My Computer" - then manage - Manage disk drives - select drive - delete parttoon - then Dish will see it as a drive needing formatting.

Dish Format issue

It depends on the format of the drive. I use a simple solution in windows. Right click "My Computer" - then manage - Manage disk drives - select drive - delete parttoon - then Dish will see it as a drive needing formatting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)