Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
I have 2 problems:

1- I beleive my hard drive in my HR20 is going, I can watch shows live and looks great. When I watch recorded shows, they are all screwed up (only on recordings) even shows I have watched before that were fine.

2- My H20 (non dvr) seems to lose every thing including power at least once a week.

Before I call D* I wanted some input from you guys.

I have the Protection Plan.

I would like to get the HR20 replaced with a new one from D*, and replace my H20 (non dvr) with the broken HR20 and an external hard drive. And send back my broken H20 to D*.

Does D* promote using an external hard drive? Or is that a violation of their contract.

Do you think they will go for this solution? (I will buy the external hard drive)

This way they only have to replace 1 unit.

Assuming the hard drive is the problem, I would test it out before I call them.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!
Ace

external hard drive should work fine. with protection plan, you should get a free replacement unit and not be charged the $19.95 shipping charge. can't answer your other question, sorry!

In line with this thread, are there any recommendations for external hard drives that work best with an HR-21?

I have 2 problems:

1- I beleive my hard drive in my HR20 is going, I can watch shows live and looks great. When I watch recorded shows, they are all screwed up (only on recordings) even shows I have watched before that were fine.

2- My H20 (non dvr) seems to lose every thing including power at least once a week.

Before I call D* I wanted some input from you guys.

I have the Protection Plan.

I would like to get the HR20 replaced with a new one from D*, and replace my H20 (non dvr) with the broken HR20 and an external hard drive. And send back my broken H20 to D*.

Does D* promote using an external hard drive? Or is that a violation of their contract.

Do you think they will go for this solution? (I will buy the external hard drive)

This way they only have to replace 1 unit.

Assuming the hard drive is the problem, I would test it out before I call them.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!
Ace

In line with this thread, are there any recommendations for external hard drives that work best with an HR-21?

External Hard drives ???
I have H20-700's and have used Seagate's 750's with them with absolutly NO problems ... but I can't tell you about the HR21's I have not used them...
That said, there is info here about a variety of EHD's that work as well as dbstalk.

Jimbo

? External Hard Drive - Use a large external eSATA hard drive instead of the one built in!

The manual p. 7 says "for future use." This forum made it work: eSATA - Has been enabled, but.... - DBSTalk.Com

Users have discussed eSATA drives like these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Desktop-External-ST305004FDA1E1-RK/dp/B000ND75C0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6192710-1984800?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186170286&sr=8-1"]Seagate 500GB[/ame], [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-FireWire-External-ST307504FPA1E3-RK/dp/B000NDBRKG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/002-6192710-1984800?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186170286&sr=8-4"]Seagate[/ame] 750, [ame="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822101036"]Calvary 750 GB[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts