External hard drive?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
I have 2 problems:

1- I beleive my hard drive in my HR20 is going, I can watch shows live and looks great. When I watch recorded shows, they are all screwed up (only on recordings) even shows I have watched before that were fine.

2- My H20 (non dvr) seems to lose every thing including power at least once a week.

Before I call D* I wanted some input from you guys.

I have the Protection Plan.

I would like to get the HR20 replaced with a new one from D*, and replace my H20 (non dvr) with the broken HR20 and an external hard drive. And send back my broken H20 to D*.

Does D* promote using an external hard drive? Or is that a violation of their contract.

Do you think they will go for this solution? (I will buy the external hard drive)

This way they only have to replace 1 unit.

Assuming the hard drive is the problem, I would test it out before I call them.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!
Ace

external hard drive should work fine. with protection plan, you should get a free replacement unit and not be charged the $19.95 shipping charge. can't answer your other question, sorry!

In line with this thread, are there any recommendations for external hard drives that work best with an HR-21?

I have 2 problems:

1- I beleive my hard drive in my HR20 is going, I can watch shows live and looks great. When I watch recorded shows, they are all screwed up (only on recordings) even shows I have watched before that were fine.

2- My H20 (non dvr) seems to lose every thing including power at least once a week.

Before I call D* I wanted some input from you guys.

I have the Protection Plan.

I would like to get the HR20 replaced with a new one from D*, and replace my H20 (non dvr) with the broken HR20 and an external hard drive. And send back my broken H20 to D*.

Does D* promote using an external hard drive? Or is that a violation of their contract.

Do you think they will go for this solution? (I will buy the external hard drive)

This way they only have to replace 1 unit.

Assuming the hard drive is the problem, I would test it out before I call them.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!
Ace

In line with this thread, are there any recommendations for external hard drives that work best with an HR-21?

External Hard drives ???
I have H20-700's and have used Seagate's 750's with them with absolutly NO problems ... but I can't tell you about the HR21's I have not used them...
That said, there is info here about a variety of EHD's that work as well as dbstalk.

Jimbo

? External Hard Drive - Use a large external eSATA hard drive instead of the one built in!

The manual p. 7 says "for future use." This forum made it work: eSATA - Has been enabled, but.... - DBSTalk.Com

Users have discussed eSATA drives like these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Desktop-External-ST305004FDA1E1-RK/dp/B000ND75C0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6192710-1984800?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186170286&sr=8-1"]Seagate 500GB[/ame], [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-FireWire-External-ST307504FPA1E3-RK/dp/B000NDBRKG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/002-6192710-1984800?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186170286&sr=8-4"]Seagate[/ame] 750, [ame="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822101036"]Calvary 750 GB[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)