External HD results: Drives Working Properly

Maxtor 500GB Personal Storage 3200, bought at Fry's for $109. Would have preferred a Seagate drive and their 5 year warranty, but couldn't pass up a deal.

Fantom Titanium II 500gb 16mb cache 7200rpm USB2.0 (basically an enclosure company that buys the drive for you using their wholesale purchasing power and installs it in their enclosure. Generally high ratings on Newegg.)

Metal enclosure, physical power switch, no fan.

I use the physical power switch to turn it on when needed and off when not needed, since I anticipate having the drive running about 1% of the time.

No problems so far, other than that the 622 seems pushed to the limit of its processing power when transferring and also doing a couple of recordings and playing back.

I have the same unit and also haven't had any problems.

Toshiba MK6021GAS

This is a 60GB 2.5" 5400 rpm notebook drive in a MassCool USB2.0 enclosure. At first the drive would not work (details here) with only bus power. When adding the external power source, the drive is recognized and formatted properly.

Cheers,
Red

Western Digital-My Book 500GB External Hard Drive

$109.99 at Bestbuy

I checked online and at the store in Weatherford, TX and they had no WD 500 g drives for $109. Where did you find such a deal? I would like to get another one. Got one last week at BB for $119.00.

Thanks,

Henry

Purchased and installed a Western Digital 750GB External Hard Drive - WDG1U7500N. All is working perfectly. The CSR that handled my activation (from Denver) was absolutely professional and comfortable with all the steps she needed to do to get me activated and started up to the HD formatting which takes a few minutes.
The menus to move recorded programs over to the external drive and back (I tested both) are simple and intuitive. Playback from the new HD was perfect in spectacular Hi-Def.

Anyone get a SimpleTech® 500GB 3.5" External USB 2.0 Hard Drive to work?

I'll answer my own question. Returned both of my Seagate FreeAgents 500GB To Best Buy without any problems and replaced them with SimpleTech EHD SP-U35/500. Actually saved $30 on 2. Just installed one and it formated fine. The first time I tried to use it, I got an error message that no EHD was connected. Shut it off/on once and it has been recognized ever since. Tried send to, play, stop, FF, pause, and restore so far without problems. It has an easy to reach on/off button. I will probably turn it off when not in use. Saw other ideas of plugging it into the back of my audio receiver. Will try this out also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)