External HD - using different receivers on the same account?

cgtyoder

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Ohio
Just had a Dish technician come out to troubleshoot reception problems, and long story short - he wanted to swap out my ViP722 for a new ViP722k. Besides the fact of being annoyed that I can't use the new receiver with OTA channels, I need to transfer all my saved recordings to an EHD so I can transfer them back to the new 722k unit.

Question: WILL THIS WORK? Or will the new 722k unit not recognize the EHD from my current 722?

Thanks for giving me peace of mind here (or not :))

Just had a Dish technician come out to troubleshoot reception problems, and long story short - he wanted to swap out my ViP722 for a new ViP722k. Besides the fact of being annoyed that I can't use the new receiver with OTA channels, I need to transfer all my saved recordings to an EHD so I can transfer them back to the new 722k unit.

Question: WILL THIS WORK? Or will the new 722k unit not recognize the EHD from my current 722?

Thanks for giving me peace of mind here (or not :))

It will work. You can play from the EHD so you don't even need to transfer back. Also, you can buy the two OTA tuner module for the 722K.

Oh...why did he want to swap?

Last edited:
Contact DIRT, if he swapped your 722 for a 722K, you just might get the OTA module for free. It has happened in the past...

Oh...why did he want to swap?
He swapped out about everything else short of the cabling and dish in my house (did replace the LNB) and his "TesterBuddy" had a strong signal at the cable going into the 722, but the receiver still was saying Very Weak Signal. So his next move was to replace the receiver.

Timers not working on premium channels

Help: UNsuccessful dish hookup to Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)