Extra #2 remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tlturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Lake Worth, FL
I just upgraded to a 722 and the installer didn't have a clue as to how to connect the household output to another TV in the house. So he made excuse after excuse and finally didn't do it. I figured it out and now have the Household output going to 2 other TV's around the house.

Now I have a problem. The #2 remote will control the 722 from the other 2 TV's BUT I have to carry it from TV to TV and the remote is programmed to control only one of the 2 TV's. On the other TV, I have to turn it on and off and control volume with it's own remote. Can I buy another #2 (or #3) remote so I have one for each TV? I know some of the promotions offer hookup to 4 TV's so it must be possible.

OR is there a way to reprogram my old 921 remote to work this receiver?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the 921, but one way to tell is by looking at the back of the remote, it'll say something like "IR/UHF PRO"

If it says just IR on it then don't bother. Need to know if its "UHF" or "UHF PRO"

Check that first and reply back before I (or someone else) spends the time typing all that out.

OR

You can call dish and ask them politely and they might send you one at no cost.

Easy for you.....

At the 722 goto system info menu 6-1-3

Take both of your UHF PRO remotes and do this:

Hold down SAT till all lights come on
Hit 5 # record record record record (you'll see on bottom right corner remote address change to 5)

Do that with both of your remotes.

Cool - I got the 921 to control the 722 rcv. but I can't get it to find a code for the TV. BUT that is OK. I'll call and see if I can talk them into a legitimate remote but this works fine for now. Thanks a bunch.

I know how to do that and that is what I can't get to work. Remember, this is an old 921 remote. When I press and hold TV till all of them light up, when I release it, the TV and SAT buttons both flash. It won't work like it should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)