Extra receiver compatibility & pricing

Ok I've got my 211 connected and all my regular channels work great, but on my locals I get the message "You cannot view this channel outside your viewing area." What the heck? My locals work fine on my Hopper and I'm definitely in the right spot beam. They've re-authorized the box several times and nothing changes. Signal levels all good on 61.5 and 72.

It may take a bit or you may even need to reset it if you haven't already.

That doesn't mean the 211 is. Do a check switch and see what satellites you see. From the message you said you get, my first guess is the receiver is trying to get a transponder on the wrong satellite possibly because it isn't seeing the correct one. (In this case it needs to see 61.5 for locals I'm guessing)

That doesn't mean the 211 is. Do a check switch and see what satellites you see. From the message you said you get, my first guess is the receiver is trying to get a transponder on the wrong satellite possibly because it isn't seeing the correct one. (In this case it needs to see 61.5 for locals I'm guessing)

How could the 211 be seeing different sats than the Hopper?

Hooked up wrong?

LOL, how could I mess it up? Its one wire. Directly connected to open port on the LNB as instructed earlier in this forum. No other splitters, switches, etc between 211 and dish. Dish is pointed correctly with strenghts in the high 50's. ALL other channels in guide work fine

Does it actually say it's getting those or it is trying to get those? Either way I think that is what I said, trying to get the transponder from the wrong sat.

You need to hit the "test" option on the point dish screen. The receiver is looking for whatever satellites it was getting at it's previous owners or whoevers house it was at. Running the test will allow it to pick up the sats you have. May need to call CSR and have them send a "hit" to the receiver after that so it will reauthorize your channels.

You need to hit the "test" option on the point dish screen. The receiver is looking for whatever satellites it was getting at it's previous owners or whoevers house it was at. Running the test will allow it to pick up the sats you have. May need to call CSR and have them send a "hit" to the receiver after that so it will reauthorize your channels.

Bingo. This fixed it. It said "By clicking 'save,' you are receiving fewer satellites. Are you sure?'" After that, it only "saw" 61.5 and 72. Locals working great now. Thanks everybody!