Extra receiver compatibility & pricing

Select HD Only in the menu option that was described above and it will only hide the SD duplicates.

Selct HD Only for the guide and it will only show HD channels.

Select HD Only in the menu option that was described above and it will only hide the SD duplicates.

Selct HD Only for the guide and it will only show HD channels.

When I look at those menus, here are the only options I see. Do I need a firmware update? (See pics attached) CAM00112.jpgCAM00113.jpg

Only the first picture is viewable. That only deals with the display of the guide as to number of channels displayed at once and or seeing the channel you are currently watching in a small box while in the guide. As others have said. HD only, just pertains to channels that have both and SD and HD channel.

Only the first picture is viewable. That only deals with the display of the guide as to number of channels displayed at once and or seeing the channel you are currently watching in a small box while in the guide. As others have said. HD only, just pertains to channels that have both and SD and HD channel.

Guys, forgive me, but I just am not seeing any other option than the "ALL HD" checkbox. And when I select ALL HD, it definitely does hide the SD only channels. It's not a huge deal, but it seems like the receiver ought to be able to hide the dupes.

Guys, forgive me, but I just am not seeing any other option than the "ALL HD" checkbox. And when I select ALL HD, it definitely does hide the SD only channels. It's not a huge deal, but it seems like the receiver ought to be able to hide the dupes.

Yes, it only hides SD channels IF there are both an HD and SD feed. If there is only an SD feed, that WILL NOT be hidden!

You need to get out of All HD and set it back to All Sub or whatever it is.

Then try going back into guide display or guide options or whatever and it should give you something like HD/SD and HD only/Hide SD duplicates.

Lol I promise you it's possible. I don't have a 211 so I don't know what the exact wording in the menus is but I do it all the time for customers.

Edit: if you have the guide set to All HD it's not going to display SD regardless of any other settings you have chosen. MAKE SURE it's set to ALL SUB.

From a 211k manual (Menu 8 - 1)
1 Press MENU, select Preferences, and then Guide Format.
2 Choose a preference for channels display in the Program Guide and other channel lists
under Guide Format:
Note: Changing the channel display preference may cause timers on those channels to be
lost. Review your timers list after making any changes (refer to Using the Timers List on
page 48).
• HD Only—display only HD versions of the local channel below 100 at the local station’s
channel number. If an HD local channel is not available, the SD channel is listed.
• HD and SD (default)—display both HD and SD local channels at the local station’s

From a 211k manual (Menu 8 - 1)
1 Press MENU, select Preferences, and then Guide Format.
2 Choose a preference for channels display in the Program Guide and other channel lists
under Guide Format:
Note: Changing the channel display preference may cause timers on those channels to be
lost. Review your timers list after making any changes (refer to Using the Timers List on
page 48).
• HD Only—display only HD versions of the local channel below 100 at the local station’s
channel number. If an HD local channel is not available, the SD channel is listed.
• HD and SD (default)—display both HD and SD local channels at the local station’s

This firmware doesn't have "GUIDE FORMAT." That manual must be outdated. DIRT and advanced tech say it cannot be done.

I installed a 211K this morning for a new customer and I assure you the option was there because I set it for the customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)