Extra receiver compatibility & pricing

Perhaps in the older software it could be done but was removed in a more recent software update? My 722k on the latest software also has Guide Format.

What is the latest software for the 211k and what version does OP have?

I know you can do it with the 211z as well so I don't think they would remove it from the 211k.

Maybe this is just old software, but I think it would have to be REALLY old. Did you purchase the box off ebay or something? If it's been unplugged for a period of time it may have not updated to latest s/w version yet. You could try putting it in standby and seeing if that forces an update.

I was just reading back to the beginning of this thread.

Should have just kept that darn Joey. lol.

I'm learning a lot, though. I haven't really messed with or installed any Dish equipment since 1998. I think back then I had a Dish500 on a small pole outside my apartment window that I intalled myself with a "DishPlayer WebTV." Those were the days!!

If I remember correctly, the sd/hd or hd only was an option that was added in a software update as more channels went hd.

That makes sense. Years ago it was common to see both SD and HD in receiver guides, but I think it started to make less sense since you are either using an HDTV or an SDTV, not both at the same time, and there really isn't any reason to choose an SD broadcast over an HD broadcast that I know of (unless that channel doesn't have an HD feed available). I know I hate looking at a square box if I don't have to :D

Well, yeah it will because he was responding to a post that told him to select HD Only... ;)

(Edit) already resolved, but to clarify, when a person selects Menu-8-1 and selects HD only, it only eliminates the SD duplicates where there is an SD duplicate with an HD (example, ESPN). It does not eliminate channels where only SD is available, like Military channel.

Last edited: