extra receivers

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
i have a couple of sd receivers setting around. what would i have to do to get then activated and what would dish charge for this? i am installing a new 1000.2dish and would like to do it all at once(running new wires, etc.) i already have 3 hd receivers in use.

Depends what kind of receivers you're adding on. Solo is 7, duo is 14, solo dvr is 10, duo dvr is 17. If you are already running three receivers you would need a new dish or a couple external switches. If you are running dual tuners or doing this yourself, the second dish will be cheapest

i have a couple of sd receivers setting around.
Are your current HD receivers DVRs? If they aren't you would probably be happier upgrading to DVRs that serve two TVs.
what would i have to do to get then activated and what would dish charge for this?
Depending on what access cards are in the SD receivers, it may just be a matter of adding a couple of switches or maybe a new dish. If the access cards are outdated, you may have to purchase new ones.

More information is available if you're willing to cough up what equipment you have and what receivers you're trying to add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)