extra tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davenlilly

Dec 21, 2008
northwest
I'm new to dtv and looking at adding another extra tv. I have the signal to the tv from another receiver but I have to watch whatever is on that receiver. Radio shack sells a remote booster for $45 that will probable work, but I will only be able to watch one tv at a time. Another option is buying another receiver and paying the extra 4.99 a month. Any help as far as a used rec. and avoid the extra monthly fee. I read on this forum used rec. have to be owned outright and access cards are regional. If I get a nonleased receiver and purchase an access card for $20 from DTV, will they charge me $4.99 a month since they will know I have an extra receiver? I had three receivers installed, one hd/dvr and two reg. Any help in this area would be appreciated.

How much are you going to save with an old receiver? You have a minimum of $20 to pay for an access card plus the cost of the receiver and shipping charges. I think a leased D12 from D* is $69 it was free when you were a new customer but now you aren't new.

Looks like I'll probably skip the extra receiver, and bill increase, and try the remote booster.

A remote booster will not allow you to watch something other than what's on the other TV.
I would call D* and ask them what it would take for you to add a rec for a second TV, see what price they ask, it could be cheap and you would be able to watch what ever you wanted on both.
The second rec would only increase your bill by $ 5 p/m.
Also, you could get a second DVR and it would still only be 5 more p/m

Jimbo

Thanks for the input on my inquiry. I might take advantage of the great hd tv buys right now and upgrade my br to hd. So a hd receiver might be my next step and free up a sd receiver for that fourth tv(how many tvs do two people need anyway!) and pay the $5. monthly fee.

(how many tvs do two people need anyway!)

Lets see.. My parents... My Dad watches 90% of the TV... mom is addicted to QVC. They have

60" DLP2 in Living Room (HR22)
32" 1080i LCD In each Computer Room (doubling as a monitor) (H20)
27" 720 LCD in the Kitchen (HR20)
42" 1080i LCD in bedroom (H21)
27" 720 LCD above bathtub (H21)
19" CRT in Grandkids playroom (cheap eh) (D11)
32" 720 LCD in Guest Room (H23)
27" 720 LCD out at the pool (D12)

Its only the 2 of them, they host maybe 3 parties a year, they are retired. The only ones with Mileage are the Living Room, Kitchen and Pool. Sadley My Mother is looking at getting another 32" to have dual monitors for digital scrapbooking oO

Lets see.. My parents... My Dad watches 90% of the TV... mom is addicted to QVC. They have

60" DLP2 in Living Room (HR22)
32" 1080i LCD In each Computer Room (doubling as a monitor) (H20)
27" 720 LCD in the Kitchen (HR20)
42" 1080i LCD in bedroom (H21)
27" 720 LCD above bathtub (H21)
19" CRT in Grandkids playroom (cheap eh) (D11)
32" 720 LCD in Guest Room (H23)
27" 720 LCD out at the pool (D12)

Its only the 2 of them, they host maybe 3 parties a year, they are retired. The only ones with Mileage are the Living Room, Kitchen and Pool. Sadley My Mother is looking at getting another 32" to have dual monitors for digital scrapbooking oO

Dang and I had to fight to get my 37" Vizio 720P. This one takes the cake from anything I have every heard of or seen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts