F2 Satellite Reception Problem

stimpy880

Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
I have Star Choice down in Texas, have been a long time subscriber. My dishes have been set in their latest location for over a year now. In the past month, I've noticed my signal quality decline - to the point where I barely get Fox HD West (channel 291). Signal strength is only 64, I used to get well into the 70s on this channel. Overall, signal strength on F2 is down from when I originally installed the dishes.

I was up fine tuning the dishes tonight, but it appears that the low 60s/70s is the best I can get with F2. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any ideas on how I can improve the signal strength?

Thanks in advance.

I am in the deep south and have problems with a few transponders on F2 as well. Channel 291 is on Transponder 25 which is one of the transponders that is weak for me too. I spent 2.5 hours last weekend trying to get my 75E dish aligned better. I go by the "Ecb" reading, and now have got TP25 from 5.8 up to 6.8, the signal now shows 90. My location in Ontario with the standard 60E dish has and Ecb of 7.1 & and a signal of 92, where the average of all the transponders for F2 is an Ecb of 8.2 and signal of 84. When you look at the Ecb numbers transponder 25 is one of the weaker ones for sure.

Im in ne Ohio and have had the same problem unable to get fox hd either, my sig strenght has dropped as well. I have not had the time to re peak the dish and figured it was just me. I had a strong signal prior to a week or 2 ago when I think i got a software update becouse I had a whole day where my reciver kept looking for a signal, I would re-boot it and it would work for awhile then loose signal again...I had to go to work so I just turned the reciver off and when I came home it was working fine, I noticed that the hd channels where giving me problems after that and that my signal thrength on the hd chanels had dropped from the low 80's to the mid 50's. I am going to try and re-peak the dish in the next couple of weeks to see if that helps the situation. I am using a dsr-505 and the larger e75 dish.

i'm in NE wisconsin (near GB) and my signal on 291 is 95% at 9:37 CDT. current conditions: cloudy, 62.

set up: 505 with two winegard 30" pointed at each bird

In Phoenix I have a DSR315 (no HD) and a single 85cm Patriot dish. I only subscribe to the French Channels. My current signal level on 701 (which I think everyone should get even if you don't subscribe to the French channels) are Signal Level: in the high 50's; EBNo +9.5. The Signal Level does seem a little low, but it's been a year since I peaked the dish. I have had no problems whatever with the channels that I receive.

Current conditions: clear (what else in AZ?) Temp +115

My current signal level on 701 (which I think everyone should get even if you don't subscribe to the French channels) are Signal Level: in the high 50's; EBNo +9.5.

Channel 701 is on TP14, that's a strong transponder for me, in the South I have a signal of 88 and a Ecb of +10.3. The channel doesn't come in for me but you can still check the signal strength on the channels you do not subscribe to without any problem.

700 is on F2 and that is the channel all subs get
SRC Montreal

Yep, 700 on TP28 comes in fine, 701 requires a subscription for the french channels it appears, but you can still look at the signal and strength either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts