Fall 2009 HD Local HD Launches

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is Huntington/Charleston, WV still getting their locals Wednesday?

Four locals for Huntington/Charleston, WV are up and running as well as one PBS, unfortunetly that is all that went up.

Huntsville

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, APT/PBS all went HD for the Huntsville, AL market this morning.

Four locals for Huntington/Charleston, WV are up and running as well as one PBS, unfortunetly that is all that went up.

So Satelliteracer had it right then! Glad you got your hd locals.

Thanks for posting the update bama. Nice to see the UP of MI get some love - from either provider.

Greenville/Spartanburg locals

They recently added WYCW-HD (The CW) and UNC-HD (PBS) in our market. Unfortunately, no MyNetworkTV in HD in Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market. On raoul5788 reply to meldar_b, he meant you can't have both distant network feeds and local-into-local service, I think it's a SHVERA thing. But the law saids you can't have out-of-market locals. I wished that the law should changed. I know how you feel.

They recently added WYCW-HD (The CW) and UNC-HD (PBS) in our market. Unfortunately, no MyNetworkTV in HD in Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market. On raoul5788 reply to meldar_b, he meant you can't have both distant network feeds and local-into-local service, I think it's a SHVERA thing. But the law saids you can't have out-of-market locals. I wished that the law should changed. I know how you feel.

SHVERA is dead, it was analog only so technically we can keep them. I still have them 1 1/2 weeks later after my locals were turned on.

Anybody know if Tupelo, MS will ever get on that list? Cable and E* have HD locals there already.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)