Famous Sports People from Your Town

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's what I would call a permanent resident. :D

I'm originally from a very small town in Kentucky,Cumberland. No one really famous on a national scene. UK had a starting QB from there named Freddie Maggard back in the late 80's I think. He was probably the best athlete to ever come out of there.

I remember Maggard.

Pittston, PA:

Charlie Trippi (U of GA, Chicago Cardinals, HoF)

Jimmy Cefalo (Penn State & Miami Dolphins)

Bucky Harris (MLB Manager) Hughestown, PA

Good stuff....I forgot to mention Mark Brunell (former Jaguars/Redskins QB) and Robin "Grand slam single" Ventura (White Sox, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers 3B), who are both from nearby Santa Maria, CA up north.

These aren't huge celebrities but they are the best I have from my small home town in Choctaw County, AL.

Jeff Branson, lived about 1/2 mile from me. He played for the Red's, Indian's, and Dodgers between '92-'01. He is now the hitting coach for Triple A Indianapolis Indians.

Eric DuBose, played Little League with my older brother. He pitched for the Baltimore Orioles '02-'06, and has signed with a couple of other organizations since then. I think he is still floating around somewhere in the Minor League system.

Vince Lombardi is burried in one of our local cemetaries.Does that count ?

You also have Knowshon Moreno!!!

I saw him play Somerville in the State playoffs five years, ago, he scored a touchdown the first four times he touched the ball that game. And Somerville was very good.

I may go to the Middletown South game tomorrow night against Wall if the weather holds up. That's a great high school football field.

Sandra

John Jansen (Lions, former Redskin) played against him in High School, went to Clawson High School

The only professional athlete- that I know of- from my hometown (Duxbury,MA) is former NBA player Billy Curley.

Oh, I forgot to say that I played little league with Troy Glaus' cousin. This was when he was just coming up with the Angels, and before he won the World Series MVP. Troy isn't from SB, but that cousin and his brother both are and went to my high school.

I like how some people use their large city as their home town.

Well, I was born at Columbia Presbyterian in Manhattan. My parents were living in Brooklyn at the time, they moved to NJ soon after. I don't have the time or the brain power to list all the professional athletes from the City. ;)

Sandra

Well, I was born at Columbia Presbyterian in Manhattan. My parents were living in Brooklyn at the time, they moved to NJ soon after. I don't have the time or the brain power to list all the professional athletes from the City. ;)

Sandra

hey, me too! small world... (Columbia Presb)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)