Fantasy Football Reminder

Because everyone would just draft QB/WR combos from the same team. (Ie. Tom Brady and Randy Moss). Then, every touchdown thrown, that team would get 12 points! That would be nuts and completely over-inflate a QB's value.

Not sure I buy that. My math is a little shaky, but I think 10 points for a TD is still better than 6, right, so by your logic everyone would do the same thing anyway....

A TD is a TD. Just because Quarterbacks get more TD's than other people doesn't mean they would be inherently worth more - the fact remains that you can get a decent quarterback much later in the draft than you can a decent RB. The other problem with this is that it artificially deflates the value of a QB - not only compared to other positions, but compared to other quarterbacks.

If I want to draft Manning, Brady or Rivers early because they're way better than JaMarcus Russell, why shouldn't I be entitled to getting an extra six points each for the 1.5 more TD's per game they're going to throw? You get an extra six points for each of the TD's that Adrian Peterson scores more than some other RB, right?

Anyway, rant over. It's not a thing particular to this league, obviously, just a general irritation with FF, and one of the reasons I always create a couple of my own custom leagues, so I can set my own scoring. Yahoo! was ok until they changed passing TDs to 4 points a couple years back...

Not sure I buy that. My math is a little shaky, but I think 10 points for a TD is still better than 6, right, so by your logic everyone would do the same thing anyway....

A TD is a TD. Just because Quarterbacks get more TD's than other people doesn't mean they would be inherently worth more - the fact remains that you can get a decent quarterback much later in the draft than you can a decent RB. The other problem with this is that it artificially deflates the value of a QB - not only compared to other positions, but compared to other quarterbacks.

If I want to draft Manning, Brady or Rivers early because they're way better than JaMarcus Russell, why shouldn't I be entitled to getting an extra six points each for the 1.5 more TD's per game they're going to throw? You get an extra six points for each of the TD's that Adrian Peterson scores more than some other RB, right?

Anyway, rant over. It's not a thing particular to this league, obviously, just a general irritation with FF, and one of the reasons I always create a couple of my own custom leagues, so I can set my own scoring. Yahoo! was ok until they changed passing TDs to 4 points a couple years back...

I agree with you 100%. This is the first time in my many years of playing FF where I've been in a league where QB TDs are only worth 4 points....

I don't really get the whole QB-WR combo thing either. Lets say you own Brady and he throws 40 TDs this year. Lets say Moss, Fitzgerald, Johnson & Smith each catch 15 TDs this year. Having a Brady-Moss combo is no better than having a Brady-Fitgerald/Johnson/Smith combo.

I dunno. I've been playing FFB for 9 years now and I've never heard of a passing TD being worth more than 4 points. Maybe it's just me, but that's always the way we did it. Anything more and QB's would be overvalued than what they already are IMO.

After reading how SkyHi participates in multiple Fantasy Football Leagues, I decided to take that advice.

In addition to our FFL, I also joined one on NFL.com, so I'll be in two leagues during the season at the same time.

Here's my roster:

http://30909083727.football.nfl.com/teams/page/1
Get ready for that dilemma where you're rooting for a player on your roster in one league who is having a great week, but he's killing you in another league because your opponent has him there....

Get ready for that dilemma where you're rooting for a player on your roster in one league who is having a great week, but he's killing you in another league because your opponent has him there....

I know that dilemma all too well. In my main league the winner takes around $500, so I always know who to root for first. :)

I noticed Yahoo set the default to 4 points for QB TDs.

We changed it back to 6 in my league.

I had also incited a revolt when i set all the missed kicks and FGs to -1, apparently only a couple agreed with me that the boon of points that kickers usually provide should have zero risk, while fumbles, INTs, etc all continue to be a detriment to the appropriate positions. I set those back to 0 when I was outvoted :(

Packer defense played great, but I made a HUGE mistake by starting Schaub and sitting Matt Ryan.

Also, considering my internet connection went out on me during our draft and I was unable to draft Brees and was autopicked Tomlinson, I am PRAYING he has a good game tonight.

Packer defense played great,

No, it was the bears offence played like sh*t! We missed our routes, people werent clicking, it was a very bad night over all. I would wrather have this come at the beginning of the year (now) than self destructing at the superbowl! Urlacer being out for the rest of the year is going to hurt!

No, it was the bears offence played like sh*t! We missed our routes, people werent clicking, it was a very bad night over all. I would wrather have this come at the beginning of the year (now) than self destructing at the superbowl! Urlacer being out for the rest of the year is going to hurt!

Sorry, I have to disagree Bob. The Packers are deserving of some credit here. Cutler was rushed all night. Even Collinsworth was saying how he looked "frazzled". He made hurried decisions that turned into mistakes. The Bears waited too long to setup the run and instead tried to throw every down. If they can figure out how to come with a more balanced attack next time, I think your team will do fine though.

Both defenses played pretty good, poor QB and WR play (contrary to popular belief, Cutler was responsible for 1-2 of his picks) just ensured the loss for Chicago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcF-2VfMFSo]YouTube - Green Bay Packers Linebacker Brandon Chillar Tackle[/ame]

DirecTV HD Rugby

Miguel Cabrera faces DUI charge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)