FanTV revealed: is this the set-top box we’ve been waiting for?

My yawn is due to the statement that it will still be tied to a subscription to a pay TV service. Everyone is offering similar streamer options, but all tie to having that darned set top box and $100/mo primary subscription.

My yawn is due to the statement that it will still be tied to a subscription to a pay TV service. Everyone is offering similar streamer options, but all tie to having that darned set top box and $100/mo primary subscription.

Yeah I with you there. Be nice if someone had a true device without having to have TV Service tied to it..

When I read the article I assumed it was more to compete with the regular cable box. It also needs DVR in the cloud, so they are probably not going to fight with TiVo. Given a lot of cable boxes I have worked with, it would not be a big challenge to come out with one with better menus, guide and overall interface.

Did not really show how that remote works. And prob not going to be popular with folks with AV receivers since it does not appear to be able to learn to control AV receivers. Or anything else. And as stated, no DVR.

But I still think it will have its appeal, for a limited market. Neither TiVO nor Roku are quaking in their boots.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)