KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Is anyone excited about a new Far Cry as I am?
I really enjoyed 3 and 4.
Pre-ordered from Amazon with prime...Deluxe edition for $55 for Prime Members.

Have read where some are already complaining about no real guns. I myself used the bow and arrow and throwing knifes mostly when sneaking around an outpost. The most fun for me was trying to over take an outpost for fortress with out setting off alarms or getting caught. So I think I may enjoy just using spears and bows, etc. I'm guessing using animals to attack with be something like Shangri-La.
Don't get me wrong I loved equipping an RPG and blowing sh*t up, but I don't think not having it will be a deal breaker. Also I am sure one can mix up some some stuff to make throw-able bombs. :)

Is anyone excited about a new Far Cry as I am?
I really enjoyed 3 and 4.
Pre-ordered from Amazon with prime...Deluxe edition for $55 for Prime Members.

Have read where some are already complaining about no real guns. I myself used the bow and arrow and throwing knifes mostly when sneaking around an outpost. The most fun for me was trying to over take an outpost for fortress with out setting off alarms or getting caught. So I think I may enjoy just using spears and bows, etc. I'm guessing using animals to attack with be something like Shangri-La.
Don't get me wrong I loved equipping an RPG and blowing sh*t up, but I don't think not having it will be a deal breaker. Also I am sure one can mix up some some stuff to make throw-able bombs. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I just re-installed Far Cry 4 last weekend because I never actually finished it. I never finished 3 either, for that matter. I'd say I'm about 75% through but the reason I love Far Cry 3 and 4 has nothing to do with the story. I wouldn't have any problem picking up Primal even if I never finish Far Cry 4. The amazing open world, hunting, and chaos are the reasons I play those games. I have had so many hilarious moments in both 3 and 4.

I'm also not too worried about the lack of guns. My favorite weapon in 4 is easily the bow. Assuming there is a bow in Primal I don't think I will really miss the guns. I am a little worried about the lack of vehicles for getting around the huge open world but I have to assume you can ride animals to solve that problem. I just hope there are options faster than the ride-able elephants in 4. I will miss the little helicopter though.

My strategy in 4 typically consists of sneaking around with the bow and silently picking people off until I inevitably screw up and set off the alarm. Then I swap to my grenade launcher side arm and switch to full chaos mode.

I refuse to play 5 until I beat 4, and I refuse to play 4 until I beat 3, so I'm a bit behind.

Am I the only one though that played the ORIGINAL FC? Man the game has changed since then.

I refuse to play 5 until I beat 4, and I refuse to play 4 until I beat 3, so I'm a bit behind.

Am I the only one though that played the ORIGINAL FC? Man the game has changed since then.

I heard a lot of good things about Far Cry 2 but Far Cry 3 was the first one I played.

From the FC Primal trailers, I don't get a sense of the quirky dark humor that was one of the main attractions for me in Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. The open world looks great, but I don't see myself identifying with or enjoying playing as primitive people. This might work as a 3-4 hour DLC, but I just don't see myself playing a full AAA game like this that's the scale of FC4. I much more interested in Horizon Zero Dawn, where you at least have a sci-fi element to it.

I finished 4 the first time around, but didn't get 100% completion Playing again now with the wife and going for 100% completion.

FC 4 was the first one that I played. It was a blast and was visually stunning. I don't like the sneaking around very much. I prefer to go in "guns blazing" so I'm not sure how much I am going to like Primal. I will likely wait a bit to pick it up. I'm still spending what little free time I have on Fallout.

Well a few hours into it and so far am liking it the more I play. The biggest thing was figuring out everything and getting a feel for it.
For sure different than the past FC games. I wish they spoke English though even though I know it would have not be as realistic.
Reading the words on the screen are not too bad though.
Tip: The spear is your friend! Best non-high tech(Gun) weapon of all the FC games so far.

I actually just canceled my pre-order. The PC version doesn't come out until next week. The reason I canceled is because I just got a great deal on Rise of the Tomb Raider and I have The Divison coming in 2 weeks. I also have lots of other games I'm trying to play.

I will definitely play Far Cry Primal because I'm a big fan of those games. By the time I actually have time to play it I think will probably be heavily discounted. It just didn't make sense to keep the pre-order right now.

I don't blame you, I very rarely pre-order myself, but decided I wanted this one on release day.

Preordering really is a crapshoot nowadays. At this point it only makes sense to do so if you get an INCREDIBLE deal, but even then you can get burned. I only preordered the PC version of Arkham Knight because I got an incredible deal on it like a year in advance of its release. Great idea that was.

ALTHOUGH, in retrospect I suppose I could say I won out. Because of the big mess I had trying to get a refund on my purchase, I never got an official refund from GMG. Instead they just gave me store credit, but because of that AK is still in my account, along with all the other games that came with that apology package from WBIE. So in essence I got all the Arkham games for my PC for free and I got to play and enjoy Arkham Origins. I guess that covers the pain of that awful port.

I'm still leaning towards a possible preorder of Doom 4 (don't bother telling me it's just called "Doom." I'm tired of reboots ignoring past games and confusing the filing systems.) Looks pretty damn cool, and I think it's safe to assume that id software will be developing in house for PC.

Preordering really is a crapshoot nowadays. At this point it only makes sense to do so if you get an INCREDIBLE deal, but even then you can get burned. I only preordered the PC version of Arkham Knight because I got an incredible deal on it like a year in advance of its release. Great idea that was.

ALTHOUGH, in retrospect I suppose I could say I won out. Because of the big mess I had trying to get a refund on my purchase, I never got an official refund from GMG. Instead they just gave me store credit, but because of that AK is still in my account, along with all the other games that came with that apology package from WBIE. So in essence I got all the Arkham games for my PC for free and I got to play and enjoy Arkham Origins. I guess that covers the pain of that awful port.

I'm still leaning towards a possible preorder of Doom 4 (don't bother telling me it's just called "Doom." I'm tired of reboots ignoring past games and confusing the filing systems.) Looks pretty damn cool, and I think it's safe to assume that id software will be developing in house for PC.

Yeah, I was kind of curious how Green Man Gaming was going to be able to process refunds for Arkham Knight. I can't imagine that Valve would give them access to remove games from people's Steam libraries. I wonder if they just got reimbursement from WB with no plans to ever actually take the game back from you.

No they mentioned in the process that AK would have been removed from my library once the refund went through. And if I had to guess, that was an automated process setup, where after there was confirmation of the refund going to my credit card, they were then going to tell Valve to remove the game from my account, or do it through WBIE or whoever. I don't think WBIE and/or Steam would be kosher with GMG letting its users keep games after they were properly refunded. But as I said, since I never received a true "refund" and instead got a credit, I don't think my key was ever sent back to the proper parties as part of that process. I get the feeling that after going back & forth with GMG for so long that the rep I was assigned was just like "Okay, just get this guy a credit and get him the hell out of our hair" and didn't follow up the way they should have. I'm not saying that what happened to me was "right" and I wouldn't shed a tear over seeing the games removed, but at the same time I ain't going to shoot GMG an email demanding they take the games out of my library. Knowing my luck they'd screw it up and take out my copy of Arkham Asylum as well, which I already owned before AK.

Total Biscuit is currently (or is about to as of 2:10pm) streaming the PC version of Far Cry Primal. Also remember that there's no official drivers for the game yet, so performance issues he has are likely (hopefully) not indicative of final product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)