Holiday Surge Cripples Nintendo's Online Services

A God thing? I'd like to think the good lord and savior has more important things to worry about than messing with Nintendo's online infrastructure!

Good. That means they must have done pretty well over the holidays. I know I have made fun of what Nintendo is doing these days. I still don't want them to disappear though.

Good. That means they must have done pretty well over the holidays. I know I have made fun of what Nintendo is doing these days. I still don't want them to disappear though.
Not necessarily. I'd argue it's more of a case of bad infrastructure. Apparently they didn't think to separate their systems so that system updates weren't connected to Pokemon bank and have each one drag on the other. Nintendo is doing very well with the 3DS, but their Wii U is still struggling. If Nintendo REALLY wants to get consoles out there, they should do a "fire sale" and have 1 week where they price down to $200. I guarantee they'll sell more than 100K a day if they do that. I know that's my price point.

It should also be noted that whoever was in charge of Nintendo's IT systems got the boot apparently because they listed for a new IT architect..

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130883-Nintendo-Seeks-New-IT-Architect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)