FASTNERS and WASHERS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill Upham

Original poster
May 27, 2008
Does any body recognize this style of mounting I’m looking for the proper FASTNERS and WASHERS for this big dish this is a large stainless steel dish
attachment.php

attachment.php

I usually take one out/off and go match it up at my local Ace Hardware. Lowe's or Home Depot would have them also, I just like the Ace better. There are also lots of Fastener stores around here (at least a half dozen or so), they should also have them.

Do you not see the pictures of my dish

Does any body recognize this style of mounting I’m looking for the proper FASTNERS and WASHERS for this big dish this is a large stainless steel dish
attachment.php

attachment.php

Bill, I posted the pictures as soon as I got them and did not look at them well until I ate dinner. The ones you have marked would best be replaced, if needed, with Stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers of the proper size to fit the holes.I would use vice grips or c-clamps to hold the mount tiight together while unbolting it to measure and put them right back in for safety. Get some anti-sieze from the auto parts store to keep them from binding or seizing. ANYONE ELSE with better ideas?

never heard of a dish being made of stainless, boy if you stripped the paint off the sucker and polished it, boy would it shine!

Bill, I posted the pictures as soon as I got them and did not look at them well until I ate dinner. The ones you have marked would best be replaced, if needed, with Stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers of the proper size to fit the holes.I would use vice grips or c-clamps to hold the mount tiight together while unbolting it to measure and put them right back in for safety. Get some anti-sieze from the auto parts store to keep them from binding or seizing. ANYONE ELSE with better ideas?

I agree !! Once Clamped,take one out and run to the Hardware store and get the number of replacement (Bolts,Washers,Lock Washers and Nuts) that you need. Then ,with the one side that is clamped,replace with the new hardware and tighten. Remove clamp,and do the same for the next bolt(s).

Thank You all for your response

The reason for my concern is that the dish pivots on those fastners I'm hoping that some one might have had similer mounting configuration or an installer might have worked with this type of mount

I hope Thomas couuld measure the bolts and get back to me, yes this is a 30 year old dish should last forever

Thanks Bill

Do we know if there are bushing, or are the bolts serving as the bearing surface?

Either way, I'm thinking grade 8 bolts, with shoulders long enough to keep the threaded section of the bolt out of the shear zone, locking nuts and/or jamb nuts, flat washers at both ends of each bolt, and (if there are no bushing involved) NO lock washers.

A polished metal dish would no doubt look very cool, but it seems to me that around the time of the next solar outage, all the sunlight striking the surface of the dish would be sharply focused right down the throat of the LNB! ... just a theory.

Do we know if there are bushing, or are the bolts serving as the bearing surface?

Either way, I'm thinking grade 8 bolts, with shoulders long enough to keep the threaded section of the bolt out of the shear zone, locking nuts and/or jamb nuts, flat washers at both ends of each bolt, and (if there are no bushing involved) NO lock washers.

A polished metal dish would no doubt look very cool, but it seems to me that around the time of the next solar outage, all the sunlight striking the surface of the dish would be sharply focused right down the throat of the LNB! ... just a theory.

Thats the problem I have lost the original Fastners so I don't know.

The 2 flat pieces of .25 plate steel probly should not be directly rubing together. Again I'm hoping that we have some senior BIG DISH installeras on this forum that might know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)