Fate of C Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it too late? I summited my comment but at 12:01AM on May 31st EST

May 30th 2018
Federal Communications Commission

The C-Band spectrum helped build and revolutionize the telecommunications sector and will be needed for many years to come. I write to you on behalf of the C-Band community hoping to help keep the C-Band spectrum for television and radio use. The C-Band spectrum should be used exclusively by Broadcast up linkers and by terrestrial receiving stations located across the country. C-Band is a very effective and reliable way of broadcasting radio signals, television signals, and weather data. Unlike other frequencies, C Band doesn’t depend on weather conditions. The loss of the C-Band spectrum will have dire consequences to the broadcaster. They (the broadcaster) wont have a effective way of distributing their content across cable systems spanning the country. Until we have large Fiber optic infrastructures, C-Band will be needed to distribute the content. Without C-Band many broadcasters will be forced to go off air. Please help save the C-Band spectrum in order for future generations to have an efficient distribution system.

Yours Truly,
Alexander Olar
A concerned citizen

Sent from my LGMS631 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Here's a new article detailing the business world's perspective on the plans for C-band. Wall Street has been very eager to see the satellite companies auction/sell at least 100 MHz of C-band spectrum to the cell phone companies, due to the amount of money the satellite companies would raise. As noted in the article, Intelsat has a worrying amount of debt that investors want dealt with.

Intelsat Soars as Proposal for New Airwaves Uses Progresses

Reactions: navychop
Status
Please reply by conversation.