Favorite All time and current sitcoms?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?

It was mentioned, in the first post!

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?

Separate beds. I think the honor goes to green Acres.

Of the current sitcoms, I like Big Bang Theory.

Ranking sitcoms all time is to me a difficult proposition. Some shows are so period driven that it just isn't as funny watching the show 20 or 30 years later. All in the Family with in my opinion the 2nd greatest ensemble cast ever next to I Love Lucy just really suffers all time status due to this factor.

I believe 3 sitcoms stand above all others all time: I Love Lucy, Cheers, and Seinfeld. I also really like The Cosby Show and Leave it To Beaver which are funny without sinking the depths.

Leave it to Beaver -funny? I'm sorry but this show is not funny to me . When I watch it I feel an awkward ,nostalgic feeling for a time I never lived in , nor did it ever exist. I love how June is always dressed in a nice dress with pearls on, and heels . Even when she is vacuuming the rugs , she looks like she is dressed to the nines.

Leave it to Beaver -funny? I'm sorry but this show is not funny to me . When I watch it I feel an awkward ,nostalgic feeling for a time I never lived in , nor did it ever exist. I love how June is always dressed in a nice dress with pearls on, and heels . Even when she is vacuuming the rugs , she looks like she is dressed to the nines.

That's the way shows were, back in the 50s and 60s. Ozzie and Harriet, Make Room For Daddy, Father Knows Best, Pete and Gladys, and The Life of Riley all had the wives dressed to the nines whether they were cooking or cleaning. Even Lucy was usually dressed pretty well...

Was my family that unusual? I grew up in the '50s and my memories are of my mother cooking and cleaning house in a dress. May not have been the fanciest dress, but I give some slack to the sitcoms there. My mom generally dressed and did her hair before leaving the bedroom.

By the same token, my father, who was a portrait photographer always wore a tie. He wore a hat and a suit jacket whenever he left the house and at work unless he was in the darkroom.

Was my family that unusual? I grew up in the '50s and my memories are of my mother cooking and cleaning house in a dress. May not have been the fanciest dress, but I give some slack to the sitcoms there. My mom generally dressed and did her hair before leaving the bedroom.

By the same token, my father, who was a portrait photographer always wore a tie. He wore a hat and a suit jacket whenever he left the house and at work unless he was in the darkroom.

I'm betting she didn't have pearls and high heels on to clean her house though. My childhood was in the 60's. My mother looked a lot like Bewitched character Samantha dressed when she was hanging around her house. She had on a man's shirt and a pair of capri pants on, flats for shoes and her hair in a pony tail. She would dress up more to go out of the house , but with 3 kids under her care, she didn't really care about the pearls. IN fact I didn't really see here get dressed to the nines till there was a banquet function at Christmas or her anniversary dinner rolled around. Then it was high hair with wiglets and dippity do and Aqua net hairspray for days. OH YES the 60s.

People used to "dress up" much more than they do today. I ws not allowed to wear my "school clothes" except to go to school. Always wore a jacket and tie to church and I have certainly seen picture of people dressed to go to ballgames. As for June Cleaver if you think she was well dressed in her house you should watch an episode where she went to a PTA meeting or even to bail Beaver out of truble with Miss Landers or Miss Canfield.

BTW my mother never wore slacks except to garden. It was alwyas dresses or a nice blouse and skirt.----even in the house.

People used to "dress up" much more than they do today. I ws not allowed to wear my "school clothes" except to go to school. Always wore a jacket and tie to church and I have certainly seen picture of people dressed to go to ballgames. As for June Cleaver if you think she was well dressed in her house you should watch an episode where she went to a PTA meeting or even to bail Beaver out of truble with Miss Landers or Miss Canfield.

BTW my mother never wore slacks except to garden. It was alwyas dresses or a nice blouse and skirt.----even in the house.

I grew up in the 40s and 50s. My mother wore dresses or skirts and blouses as well. She also put on make-up and lipstick in the house as well. She did wear shorts for gardening however, even lipsticked there as well....

Ahh the good old days. I often wish things where that way now. As it is now, my wife's primary wardrobe consists of old jeans and my t shirts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts