Favorite All time and current sitcoms?

Used to watch reruns of Dobie Gillis back in the 80s when I first got Cable in my apartment. Never knew that Gilligan was a beatnick before he was lost on that island.

Oldies - The Honeymooners and Doby Gillis
A Bit Later - Hogan's Heros and Green Acres
Newer - Barney Miller and Night Court
Current - Two and a Half Men ( though doubtful for the upcoming seasons with the cast change ) and Mike & Molly

But, of course, nobody can beat the Stooges !

Current is easy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or for non pay TV, Modern Family.

Classic not so easy of course. Is MASH considered a sitcom? It's probably my #1 show overall. For a definite sitcom, Seinfeld. Many of the older one's I grew up with don't hold up for me, with exceptions of course. Taxi and Cheers get a high honorable mention.

Top of my list are MTM and MASH. Some others also Cheers, Frasier, WKRP.

Don't like any of the current ones that I have seen.

Current is easy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or for non pay TV, Modern Family.

Classic not so easy of course. Is MASH considered a sitcom? It's probably my #1 show overall. For a definite sitcom, Seinfeld. Many of the older one's I grew up with don't hold up for me, with exceptions of course. Taxi and Cheers get a high honorable mention.

Yes MASH was a sitcom. What else would you call it?

The first twenty episodes of MASH was on Hallmark last weekend. An old timer I had recorded them all. Truly the best show ever in my book.

I loved the episode where Hawkeye was accused of stealing stuff, and Blake walks into the swamp and asks "what's in here?" (pointing to the stove pipe), and Trapper says "soot" - and he says's "I'll be the judge of that" only to get a face full of soot. Classic comedy. Great tv.

And since I live in the "hometown" of Colonel Blake (and actually the home town of McLean Stevenson; my office is across the street from the elementary school he attended), I laugh every time I drive by the Bloomington Country Club (where Blake was convinced his wife was having an affair with the dentist!) :D :D

I always enjoyed M*A*S*H* but I think it could have been better if it didn't go on for so long. Season 7 and 8 etc. I was reading an article about it and I think it was Alan Alda saying he was disappointed about how it's been handled in syndication the last 5 years.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?
Love Dick Van Dyke. A great show. My kids love this show . But they never slept in the same bed. That might have been Bob Newhart from the 1970's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts