Favorite All time and current sitcoms?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Not that this is a raging controversy but I had lunch with a friend today and the subject turned to sitcoms. We asked each other what our favorite sitcoms were All time and current). He went with Sanford and Son and Big Bang theory. I cheated a bit and had an all time tie between the Dick Van Dyke Show and All In the Family and for current favorite Modern Family.

Anyone else want to toss in any choices?

I'm not really big on classic TV. Big Bang Theory wins my vote for favorite sitcom of all time. War At Home is a close second but that only lasted two seasons before Fox canceled it.

The others come and go, but Lucy is forever.

Not necessarily my favorite, but you have to respect a sitcom that has continued to entertain for over 50 years.

The others come and go, but Lucy is forever.

Not necessarily my favorite, but you have to respect a sitcom that has continued to entertain for over 50 years.

I like Lucy too and especially "The Andy Griffith Show." I don't know about everywhere else, but in the Southeast Andy Griffith is on everyday in most TV markets. It has came on at 10:00 on WTTO in Birmingham for probably 25 years and for a long time it beat the CBS affiliate's 10:00 News in the ratings.

I am amazed there were sio few votes for the 60s and 70s era shows. No Hogan's Heroes or I Dream of Jeannie etc. Not even a vote or two for the Beverly Hillbillies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)