Favorite/least Favorite Broadcaster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My favorite(s): Ernie Harwell and Bob Eufer

My least favorite: Bret Musburger (all-around Sportscasting SuckMonster), although I could probably add a dozen more who suck equally at one particular sport.

Yay to Ernie Harwell and George Kell Voices of the Tigers for many years.

WORST- Joe Thiesman

When i was a kid i was always listening to the radio for sports from any location, any time of year. wbal-chuck thompson, bob prince/jim woods,pirates(2 of the best)woods,later w/red sox, danny gallivan,montreal canadiens english speaking,chicago black hawks pbp guy-name forgotten for now, jack buck, vin scully, ned martin/jim woods, red sox and curt gowdy/bob murphy,red so:mad:murphy later w/mets), fred cusick,bruins and gil santos/gino cappelletti,patriots. now, dick stockton was pretty good baseball guy & bob starr was pretty good football guy. jack edwards was surprisingly good for the bruins but joe castiglione is terrible(winey!) as is hawk harrellson,joe buck,tim mccarver & joe morgan. 1 guy i almost forgot was ken coleman, browns/red sox. too many more to list! Paul

I would say the best is Pat Summerall because he was the Nfl. The worst would have to be Bryant Gumbel. I mean you couldn't even hear him on the nfl network broadcasts.

The worst would have to be Bryant Gumbel. I mean you couldn't even hear him on the nfl network broadcasts.

As I said a while ago...

Sandra, HD MM, BillDel, myself, SamCdbs, Iceberg, and that guy with the Atlanta Flames logo all have zero broadcasting experience- nonetheless, all of us are far more qualified to broadcast professional football than Gumbel

There's a reason I put up a quote like that.

When i was a kid i was always listening to the radio for sports from any location, any time of year. wbal-chuck thompson, bob prince/jim woods,pirates(2 of the best)woods,later w/red sox, danny gallivan,montreal canadiens english speaking,chicago black hawks pbp guy-name forgotten for now, jack buck, vin scully, ned martin/jim woods, red sox and curt gowdy/bob murphy,red so:mad:murphy later w/mets), fred cusick,bruins and gil santos/gino cappelletti,patriots. now, dick stockton was pretty good baseball guy & bob starr was pretty good football guy. jack edwards was surprisingly good for the bruins but joe castiglione is terrible(winey!) as is hawk harrellson,joe buck,tim mccarver & joe morgan. 1 guy i almost forgot was ken coleman, browns/red sox. too many more to list! Paul

Growing up with Ned Martin and Jim Woods on Red Sox radio was an unbelievable treat. They still remain my all-time favorite broadcast team. As far as Castiglione goes, boy do you have that right. I can't listen to him for more than 5 minutes. I miss Trupiano!!

Favorites

Hockey - The late Gene Hart.The original voice of the Flyers.Chris Cuthbert from TSN & Randy Hahn of the SJ Sharks.
Baseball - The late Bob Murphy of the NY Mets & Harry Kalas of the Phillies.

Least Favorites :

Hockey - Mike Emerick from NJ & Sam Rosen of the NY Rangers.
Baseball - Jerry Remy & Don Orsillo of the Red Sox,Hawk Harrleson of the White Sox.
The entire NY Yankees broadcast crew (there names escape me at the
moment)

Last edited:
Until today when I tuned on a Cubs radio broadcast I had forgotten how terrible Ron Santo is. I have never heard so much whining and crying in my life. The guy never has anything postive to say.

That's funny you say that. I despise the Cubs with every bone in my body, but I find Pat Hughes and Santo entertaining. After listening to Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall all these years, I guess I've grown to become fond of grumpy old men.

After listening to Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall all these years, I guess I've grown to become fond of grumpy old men.

Funny...I was going to list Marty Brennaman as one of my favorites...even tho it seems that ever since Marty went into the HOF, he is starting to bitch a lot more than he used to..and he always was good at that anyway!!!...:rolleyes:

Wow - I totally forgot my worst ever from childhood. We were stuck with this guy for every Jet game for 10 years.

JOE NAMATH

His "kissing attempt" on Suzy Kolber was probably his best, most coherent moment on TV. Seriously,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)