Favorite/least Favorite Broadcaster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Favorites off the top of my head:
Vin Scully, Ross Porter, Don Drysdale, Chick Hearn, Dick Enberg, Charlie Jones (He always said hi to us listening on backhaul), Daron Sutton, Mario Impemba (we miss the latter 2 with the Angels), George Grande, Chris Welsh, Jim Palmer, Bob Brenly, Jerry Coleman, Dick Bremer, Bert Blyleven, Harry Caray, Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli, Trenni Kushnierek, Tina Cervasio, Amber with the Orioles, Bob Costas, Len Dawson, Nick Buoniconti, Cris Collinswoth, Don Criqui, Bob Trumpy, Keith Jackson, Dan Fouts, Bob Griese, Verne Lundquist, Brent Musburger (He says hi to us on backhaul oocasionally) Al Michaels, Jim Lampley (football, radio hosting, boxing), Al McCoy, Hot-Rod Hundley, Stu Lantz, Bob Miller, Nick Nickson, Jim Fox, Kevin Kennedy, NBA-on-TNT set guys Ernie, Charles and Kevin, Joel Meyers (Not a game goes by he doesn't say at least one bad word on backhaul - especially during college football season), Johnny Miller, Dan Hicks (going back to KVOA in Tucson), Jimmy the Greek, Irv Cross & Pat Summerall.

Worst: Bob Starr, Sparky Anderson, Steve Physioc with the Angels. Marv Albert (clearing of this throat gets real annoying during every commercial break).

All time Favorite = Dizzy Dean/ Pee Wee Reese @ NBC/MLB Game of the Week

All time Favorite to Hate = Skip Carey @ Atlanta Braves/Atlanta Hawks (Radio or TV) I got to where I would cut the sound down or turn it.......

Favorites - Jim Hughson (CBC and Vancouver Canucks), Bob Cole (CBC), Chris Cuthbert (TSN), Mike Lange (Penguins), Sam Rosen (Rangers), Howie Rose (that team that shall remain nameless here), Joe Beninati (Capitals), Darren Pang (Coyotes), Pierre McGuire (NBC), John Kelly (Blues), Ralph Strangis (Stars), Drew Remenda (Sharks), Ron MacLean (Host, CBC), Mike Breen (ESPN), Chris Marlowe (Nuggets and AVP volleyball on NBC), Steve Jones (is he still announcing?), Vin Scully (Dodgers), Michael Kay (Yankees), John Madden (NBC), Sinjin Smith and Karch Kiraly (AVP volleyball), Phil Simms (CBS), Keith Jackson (ABC), Joe Buck (Fox), Ron Darling (Mets), Dennis Miller (MNF...I'm the one who liked him)

Worst - Dick Vitale (worships coaches the entire game), Joe Morgan (no insight whatsoever, announces with an agenda), Stepen A Smith (I hate getting yelled at), Dennis Potvin (because he sucks), Hawk Harrelson (just an annoying listen), Mickey Redmond (also no insight), Jack Edwards (moans about officiating all night)

Sandra

Favorites - Jim Hughson (CBC and Vancouver Canucks), Bob Cole (CBC), Chris Cuthbert (TSN), Mike Lange (Penguins), Sam Rosen (Rangers), Howie Rose (that team that shall remain nameless here), Joe Beninati (Capitals), Darren Pang (Coyotes), Pierre McGuire (NBC), John Kelly (Blues), Ralph Strangis (Stars), Drew Remenda (Sharks), Ron MacLean (Host, CBC), Mike Breen (ESPN), Chris Marlowe (Nuggets and AVP volleyball on NBC), Steve Jones (is he still announcing?), Vin Scully (Dodgers), Michael Kay (Yankees), John Madden (NBC), Sinjin Smith and Karch Kiraly (AVP volleyball), Phil Simms (CBS), Keith Jackson (ABC), Joe Buck (Fox), Ron Darling (Mets), Dennis Miller (MNF...I'm the one who liked him)

Worst - Dick Vitale (worships coaches the entire game), Joe Morgan (no insight whatsoever, announces with an agenda), Stepen A Smith (I hate getting yelled at), Dennis Potvin (because he sucks), Hawk Harrelson (just an annoying listen), Mickey Redmond (also no insight), Jack Edwards (moans about officiating all night)

Sandra

Haven't heard from you in a while.

Good to see you- there are some threads that could use your insight.

Did you do another triathlon? I read you planned on doing another one...

Didn't he used to call the Cubs or still does?
I'm talking about Skip, the son of Harry "take me out to the ball game" Carey, who did the Cubs for years. Chip Carey, son of Skip, grandson of Harry is also out there somewhere...?
I had no problem with Harry, he was OK
I hated Skip, with a passion
and Chip, I simply have no opinion of him, as yet....?

Favorites - Dick Enberg, Pat Summerall, Bob Costas, Vin Scully, Tony Kubek, Bob Trumpy :D, Cris Collinsworth :D, Boomer Esiason :D, Gary Thorne (hockey), Doc Emrick, Bill Clement, Marv Albert (basketball), Daryl Johnston, Curt Gowdy, Frank Glieber, Charlie Jones, Dan Dierdorf :p, Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, Sam Rosen, Steve Stone (non-Cubs only), Dave Lapham :D, Sam Wyche :D, Solomon Wilcots :D, Greg Gumbel, Brent Musburger (in studio), Tom Brookshier, Jack Buck, Skip Caray, Pete van Wieren (even though I hate the Braves), and... of course... Marty Brennaman. Special mention to Herb Score, Ed Farmer, and Ron Pitts for getting PBP gigs after a playing career.

Least - Al Michaels, Jon Miller, Joe Morgan, Rick Sutcliffe, George Grande, Steve Physioc, Gus Johnson (football), Steve Tasker, Joe Theismann, Mike Patrick, Chip Caray, Bob Lamey (the worst ever), Jay Randolph, Tim Brando, Dave van Horne, Brent Jones.

Best: Al Michaels, Vin Scully, Jim Nantz, Greg Gumbel, Jon Miller, Dick Enberg.

Worst: Bryant Gumbel, Hawk Harrelson, Dick Vitale, Billy Packer.

Worst - Dick Vitale (worships coaches the entire game), Joe Morgan (no insight whatsoever, announces with an agenda)

Sandra

Dead-on, especially the highlighted part!!!

If we ever do a thread for most overrated announcers, Morgan gets my vote.........for all-time!!

...Worst: Bob Starr....
Is he still alive. He was given the #1 Red Sox radio broadcaster designation over Joe Castiglione because he has a booming voice, but he is a baseball know-nothing. He doesn't know the difference between a ground rule double and fan interference and he doesn't under scoring rulings pertaining to forceoouts.

One of the funniest things I ever heard on radio was when Starr thought his microphone was off (it wasn't) and he spent about half a minute clearing his throat and blowing his nose.

He didn't like Castiglione, probably because he got sick of reading print articles saying that Castiglione should have been made the #1 broadcaster. One time, a player substitution had been made early in a game and for the next two times the guy got up, Starr continually identified him as the player he had replaced, so there was an interval of silence, followed by Starr saying to Castiglione, "What are you pointing at on my line-up card?"

I'm assuming that the term "Broadcaster" will also include an analyst, like someone who talks about sports but doesn't necessarily do play-by-play.

Favorites: Michael Irvin, Marv Albert, Will Perdue, Al Michaels, Steve Young, the 49ers Radio Network guys (I don't remember their names, but I hear them whenever I listen on Sirius.)

Worst: Bryant Gumble, Shannon Sharpe (He must have pictures of Les Moonves doing something with a donkey for him to have a job that requires talking in sentences longer than 3 words,) Dick Stockton, Tony Siragusa.

Silly Ones: The announcer from the "NFL Blitz" games ("That was completely unnecessary! But a lot of fun to watch!"), Jesse Ventura ("I'd like to see King Kong Bundy put the KiBosh on one of these little guys (A midget wrestler)")

I'm assuming that the term "Broadcaster" will also include an analyst, like someone who talks about sports but doesn't necessarily do play-by-play.

Favorites: Michael Irvin, Marv Albert, Will Perdue, Al Michaels, Steve Young, the 49ers Radio Network guys (I don't remember their names, but I hear them whenever I listen on Sirius.)

Worst: Bryant Gumble, Shannon Sharpe (He must have pictures of Les Moonves doing something with a donkey for him to have a job that requires talking in sentences longer than 3 words,) Dick Stockton, Tony Siragusa.

Silly Ones: The announcer from the "NFL Blitz" games ("That was completely unnecessary! But a lot of fun to watch!"), Jesse Ventura ("I'd like to see King Kong Bundy put the KiBosh on one of these little guys (A midget wrestler)")

Hell, if that's the case, I nominate Deion Sanders as the worst commentator ever! Second worse is not even close!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)