Favorite/least Favorite Broadcaster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For years, Howard Cosell used to win Best and Worst Announcer in the same polls.

I liked Chuck Thompson of the Baltimore Orioles. The WBAL signal carried better to New England than it did to even Virginia, and he would always welcome the Red Sox fans to his broadcast when he saw a Red Sox final score posted. And he called a good game.

Dick Stockton and Brent Musberger split my vote for the worst.

I'm surprised at the favorable votes for Madden. Besides bellowing catch phrases and scribbling on telecasters, how is Madden a "good broadcaster"?

Oh, and my tie for all-time worst broadcaster is between Dick Vitale and Chris Berman. Both used to be energetic personalities. Now they are basically parody's of themselves spouting silly cartoonish catch phrases at will. They both dumb down any broadcast that they are involved with...

Musburger I understand (I know many people don't like him), but Dick Stockton??

That's........... quite interesting,
Stockton used to telecast Red Sox games with Ken Harrelson. He knew about as much about baseball as I do about cricket. The last year they were together, they were feuding, and the marathon rain delay when they had to make smalltalk for about three hours was the most painful show I have ever endured.

Stockton used to telecast Red Sox games with Ken Harrelson. He knew about as much about baseball as I do about cricket. The last year they were together, they were feuding, and the marathon rain delay when they had to make smalltalk for about three hours was the most painful show I have ever endured.

Baseball?

I only know him as an NBA and NFL announcer.

The best: Keith Jackson
My favorite - Howard Cosell
The worst - Rod Allen (Detroit Tigers TV color man) I'm still looking for the Rod Allen mute button on my remote.

worst announcer team dan terhar and mike greenley Minnesota Wild, ill be watching alot of hockey this year with MUTE ON
best announcer team craig simspon and roger millions
imho

Favorite: Pat Summerall

Least Favorite: Mike "Doc" Emerick, although my favorite sport is hockey.
Emerick's extremely nasal voice is really annoying, and he is over-the-top in his enthusiasm, screaming, such as "Oh, it's a shot from the BLUE LINE! ITONLY MISSED THE GOAL BY THREE FEET!!!!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)