Favorite 'Monday Night Football' Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I was watching 'Who's #1' and their countdown of the best 'Monday Night Football' moments of all-time.

With the season starting in a week,

I was wondering what your all-time favorite MNF games were.

Mine was on September 24, 1990.

The Bills (I was still living in Buffalo) beat the Jets 30-7, with Thurman Thomas rushing for 214 yards on just 18 carries.

(Strangely, he didn't score a touchdown that game.)

Sabres, I too have been watching some of ESPN's Classic Marathon and I could think of 2 games off the top of my head. These two games, from what I've seen, deserve to be in this thread. First, Dolphins vs. Jets in 2000 when the Jets won 40-37. How about the 94 game between the Cheifs and the Broncos when Montana came back against the Broncos.

The one where Cossell said, "Bruce Huther came from nowhere to make that hit!"

"No he didn't Howard, he came from New Hampshire."

"I reiterate, Danderoo, he came from nowhere to make that hit!"

It was Oakland and someone.

2 that come to mind right away

Game in the early 90's with the Packers backhaul on the ku side of T301 where the Packers Majkowski was having a party at his house watching the game with teammates and all were miced/drunk/cussing at the game. ABC would cut to them mostly for video during the game. Team needed to lose for the Packers to make it. Team started really getting rowdy in the 2nd half when the beer kicked in forcing ABC to cut the mics from the backhaul.

Backhaul was leitch encrypted from San Francisco against Detroit where Dierdorf kept laughing during the breaks (final game of the season and no bird killer) because a player blew his nose on camera. Dierdorf couldn't stop laughing for several minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts