Favorite teams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Please list your favorite teams, in order, regardless of sport.

1. New York Rangers - I still cry like a little girl when they get knocked out of the playoffs. There is nothing like being at a Ranger home playoff game.

2. Ohio State football - How can a team that is so good play so bad, once a year? Like HD said, though, any year we beat the blue team is a good year.

3. New York Yankees - I'm still in pain from losing that 3-0 lead to Boston. I won't be satisfied until we do the exact same thing to them.

4. New York Jets - Team number two in the city, but a ton of loyal fans. I wish we had our own stadium. Oddly I hate the Ice-landers, I'm not too fond of the Mets, but I kind of enjoyed the Giants Super Bowl win.

5. St. John's basketball - Oh how the mighty have fallen. We're still like fourth or fifth in all-time NCAA victories, up there with the likes of UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, etc. Doesn't seem that way.

6. New York Knicks - I know, Isiah turned us into a joke. It'll turn around, though. Walsh and D'Antoni may not lead us to a championship, but they'll make us good again.

7. Sean Rosenthal and Jake Gibb - How great is beach volleyball? The AVP tour comes to the Jersey shore every year, and you can sit up close and personal and watch these amazing (and EXTREMELY well-built) athletes compete about five feet in front of you, in bathing trunks. The AVP rocks.

8. Princeton basketball - Come back Pete Cariill!

9. Golden State Warriors - Love to watch the extremely athletic Warriors play every night. Plus, their GM is a St. John's guy. I went to school after Chris Mullin, but he's still a deity on campus.

10. Any team that is playing the stinkin' Ice-landers - Why doesn't that decrepit team go away already? What purpose do they serve, anyway? Ugly uniforms, no fans, no wins, terrible arena, in the middle of nowhere...but if they're going to stay around, I do wish Mike Milbury would come back as GM. Aside from the sexual harrassment stuff, Milbury made Isiah Thomas look like a genius.

Sandra

Tennessee Titans

Cubs

I loved the 76ers back when Dr. J played.
I hate the hip-hop rap ball that it is now.

1. Whatever team is playing the Packers or Patriots :D
2. University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs hockey...sure they ain't the best sometimes but there are 3 things in the last 5 years I won't forget...making it to the Frozen 4, upsetting the #2 in conference Denver in 3 games (should have been only 2) in playoffs and a couple years ago the 3 game playoffs against St Cloud. Overtime in game 2 and triple overtime in game 3...sure they lost but DAMN those were fun games to be at :)
3. Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadians.....once in a while the home town Wild :)
4. MN Twins

These lists should be interesting and a good thing to reference from time to time as it seems I can no longer assume a poster's fandum is based on their locality. What ever happened to rooting for the home team?!.....

Anyways, here's my list...

1. Cleveland Browns
2. Cleveland Indians
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Ohio State Buckeyes- Football
5. Ohio State Buckeyes- Basketball
6. Kent State University Golden Flashes (MAC)- Basketball

What ever happened to rooting for the home team?!.....

I used to live in Texas and liked the Oilers. Then they became the Titans. I moved to Chicago but stiil a Titan fan.

Oakland Raiders
Florida Marlins/Cincinnati Reds
Miami Heat/Philadelphia 76ers
Syracuse Orangemen for college basketball
Miami Hurricanes for for college football

1) Calgary Flames - They always find a way to break my heart, but I still bask in the glory of 1989 when they beat the stinkin' Habs in the Montreal Forum to hoist the Cup!!!

2) Cincinnati Bengals - I still have a picture of me at 4 or 5 years old with a Kenny Anderson jersey on. (odd since we lived just outside of Philadelphia at the time).

3) Wake Forest - any and every sport! Go Deacs!

4) Norwich City Football Club (my avatar is their logo) - I know everyone around here probably doesn't like Soccer, but it's one of my favorite sports. In the late 1990's I became enthralled by the Premier League in England. Norwich City was enjoying some of their best soccer at that time and I adopted them all the way from across the "pond." Even though they are just a shell of what they once were, I still follow their every move!

Soon to be #1) Yet-to-be-named Philadelphia MLS club. In 2010, Philadelphia joins MLS and I'll finally be able to sing my head off for a local soccer club. I can't wait, and they will consume every day of my life I'm sure.

1. Buffalo Sabres- Became a fan when they traded for Lalalalalafontaine

2. Anybody who plays the Spurs

3. Texas Tech football- Charlie Weis? Yeah, right. If any college coach deserves to be labeled an offensive genius, it's Mike Leach.

4. San Jose Sharks- Favorite Western Conference team- have some Sabres ties (Mike Grier, Brian Campbell)

5. Winnipeg Jets- When they had Phil Housley and Teemu Selanne, plus those cool uniforms, they were the coolest team from the West, IMO

6. Utah Jazz- So many good players, so much heartbreak

7. Oakland A's- Was a fan during the Giambi-Tejada-Big Three days, but I'm growing impatient. Billy Beane's firesale tactics are pissing me off. I'm thinking about jumping on the Indians' bandwagon

8. Cleveland Indians- Liked them in the Belle-Ramirez days, and seriously considering becoming a Tribe fan

9. Quebec Nordiques- Nice uniforms and a flashy, entertaining team

10. Anybody who plays an SEC team. I don't like that conference, and am sick of them being so high and mighty.

OAKLAND RAIIIIIIDERS!!
Texas Long Horns Football
OAKLAND A'S
Grambling State Football
Oregon State Beavers Football
Portland Trail Blazers
Texas Long Horns Basket Ball
San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Angels
USC Trojans football/basketball(only college sports that interest me)
Green Bay Packers

1. Da' Raiders

2. LA Dodgers

3. USC Football

4. I watch all NBA now; mostly the Suns and Lakers (big Round Mound of Rebound & The Glove fan; now finding new kids to watch!)

5. Was a NY Islander fan before the NHL's demise.

attached for Black Hitachi

Attachments

• raiders218_51873.jpg
    raiders218_51873.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 99
Please list your favorite teams, in order, regardless of sport.

1. New York Rangers - I still cry like a little girl when they get knocked out of the playoffs. There is nothing like being at a Ranger home playoff game.

Sandra

Back when I decided to dabble in Hockey, I used to follow the NY Rangers from the late '80's till the late 90's. (All of my relatives are from NY and I figured I'd give hockey a try as the sport is pretty much non-existent here in North East Ohio). Anyways, I have great memories of the '93-'94 season. Brian Leetch, Mark Messier, Adam Graves and Mike Richter were my boys!

HD MM,

I have been an A's fan for a while (since 1999), but I am growing tired of Billy Beane's firesale.

Haren, Scutaro, Swisher... gone!

I am growing LIVID with Oakland's philosophy of 'get rid of every good player.'

I am SERIOUSLY considering severing my A's ties and becoming a Tribe fan.

HD MM,

I have been an A's fan for a while (since 1999), but I am growing tired of Billy Beane's firesale.

Haren, Scutaro, Swisher... gone!

I am growing LIVID with Oakland's philosophy of 'get rid of every good player.'

I am SERIOUSLY considering severing my A's ties and becoming a Tribe fan.

You're welcome on board my man. They (as all Cleveland teams) have a very loyal and deep fan base. BTW, I'm watching them as we speak in my HT via a 92" screen and HD front projector. STO-HD is beautiful.

Where do you live? Do you get the MLBEI?

Teams I've always loved and actually have gotten severely depressed over when they lost:

1. LSU Tigers (I was born and bred in Louisiana)

2. Pittsburgh Pirates (Roberto Clemente was my childhood sports hero)

3. New Orleans Saints (have suffered chronic depression over these guys)

Teams I've grown fond of over the years and love to root for:

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (followed Terry Bradshaw in his college years at Louisiana Tech, and most recently Big Ben at Miami of Ohio).

4. Pittsburgh Penguins (loved watching Mario, and now Sidney)

5. Milwaukee Brewers (just within the last 6 years after having lived in Milwaukee awhile - best tailgaters around, make you feel like you're one of them)

Last edited:
1. Phoenix Suns
1a. Arizona Diamondbacks
1b. Arizona State Sun Devils
4. Arizona Cardinals (yes, the cards)
5. Anyone and everyone that plays the Univ of AZ.

DT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)