Favre, Jets and Fate

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I just saw this and logged on thinking SabresRule would already have a post about this, but I guess not . . . anyways . . .

Jets open the season versus the Dolphins in Miami. . . Dolphins just signed Chad Pennington . . . . call it karma, fate, whatever . . . Favre versus Pennington . . . going to be interesting day!

This is the epitome of why sports is great!

Let me get this straight.

Pennington turned down a Viking team on the rise for a Dolphin team trapped in football purgatory??

He'd rather play with Ricky Williams and Ronnir Brown than Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor?

Instead of protected from proven all-pros like Matt Dirk, Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson, all he has is Jake Long.

Oh, and Minnesota has a sack master in Jared Allen, while the Dolphins lost theirs.

Seriously.... WHAT IS HE THINKING??

Let me get this straight.

Pennington turned down a Viking team on the rise for a Dolphin team trapped in football purgatory??

He'd rather play with Ricky Williams and Ronnir Brown than Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor?

Instead of protected from proven all-pros like Matt Dirk, Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson, all he has is Jake Long.

Oh, and Minnesota has a sack master in Jared Allen, while the Dolphins lost theirs.

Seriously.... WHAT IS HE THINKING??

The question here is : Where the Vikings really in the hunt for Pennington and did they talk at all..... My guess is that they were not in the hunt for him afterall, like you said, "What was he thinking" ?

Maybe he's wanting to get a tan ?

Dear God, another thread with Farve's name in it :eek:

Jimbo

Speaking of Vick, it'll be interesting to see where he goes when he leaves the dog house . . . sorry I just had to!
Hopefully he will go right to a state Pen since VA hasnt tried him yet. Does anyone know the outcome of his state trial. Last I heard it was postponed till this summer which is here.

Speaking of Vick, it'll be interesting to see where he goes when he leaves the dog house . . . sorry I just had to!

Probably the next dog house. Doesn't he have state charges hanging over his head still?

Sorry about that Vurbano, I replied without reading the thread all the way through.

Last edited:
You and I are not celebrities; therefore, we would serve the full two year sentence. In Vick's case, he will be home for Christmas because he has successfully completed his drug rehabilitation program; a program which prohibits early release but in Vick's case, his celebrity status gets him early release!

You and I are not celebrities; therefore, we would serve the full two year sentence. In Vick's case, he will be home for Christmas because he has successfully completed his drug rehabilitation program; a program which prohibits early release but in Vick's case, his celebrity status gets him early release!

Is this fact or just speculation ?

Jimbo

Is anything ever fact? I mean if he acts up or is involved in any thing illegal, obviously this will keep him locked up otherwise, all signs point to him coming out . . . it will be interesting how Goodell deals with this situation because he'll need to set a precedence

It is a fact though that he is in rehabilitation and it is fact that completion does not warrant an early exit, but again, he is a celebrity!

I thought earlier when this all started , the legal guys said that the drug thing could NOT be served at the same time as the other sentance ...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)