Favre teammates NOW throwing him under the bus!

Com on now guys , Farve been breaking down for the last few years now. His time as a football player is over. He should have stayed in Green Bay and retired with good stats. All he's doing is making himself look bad. Yea its not all his fault, But alot of it is.

It didn't effect TWO teams...it effected ONE team...Green Bay. The Jets had no inkling he was going to be available. I am SURE they made Favre aware he was a bandaid because they could not be actually thinking they were one player away from being a Super Bowl contender were they?
The whole episode actually affected THREE teams. First Green Bay, then the Jets, then the Dolphins. I'm talking about the whole scenario. At least in the short term, the Dolphins have benefitted the most.

Last edited:
and how is it that he didn't make himself part of the team? by not hanging out with them outside the organization? come on,please. If they were in the playoffs right now that wouldn't be an issue.They win at least one playoff game and you might not ever even find out he wasn't hanging around with them outside of the field. You can tell these are immature 23 24 year olds bringing this up.
I'm talking about this part of the story:

"A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him."

That socializing thing doesn't mean squat to me.

EXACTLY!! When you win...NONE of these issues come up. The moment you are no longer winning....fingers are point all over the place....ESPECIALLY at the QB and the head coach.

This happens to every team in the league, not just the Jets. This is not a new revelation or anything, it's been going on since the beginning of time.

Sandra

Favre's time has passed. And the pass was intercepted.

The Jets would do well to move on. Johnson and Tannenbaum will say the right things since they don't want to look like the ones who drove a HOF quarterback out of football, but bottom line is he no longer plays like a hall of famer.

The Jets need a QB who gives them their best chance to win, and based on this past season it's certainly not Brett Favre. All Jet fans have seen one too many parachute passes land in the other team's hands.

Kerry Rhodes made the most sense. If Favre is going to commit to all of the off-season work the rest of the team does, it's worth discussing. But we don't need him doing nothing all Spring except talking to ESPN, then deciding in July or August that he wants to give it another go.

Sandra

Now it's my turn...EXACTLY!

It even happens on my niece's and nephew's travel and AAU sports teams. If the team wins the coach is a genius and everyone is happy with their kid's playing time. If the team doesn't win, the coach is an idiot and their kid should be playing more.

And the funny thing is, the best coaches are the ones teaching the kids the sport, not just coaching for a victory when the kids are 10 or 15 or whatever. But that's just too difficult a concept for most to grasp.

Sandra

Favre's time has passed. And the pass was intercepted.

The Jets would do well to move on. Johnson and Tannenbaum will say the right things since they don't want to look like the ones who drove a HOF quarterback out of football, but bottom line is he no longer plays like a hall of famer.

The Jets need a QB who gives them their best chance to win, and based on this past season it's certainly not Brett Favre. All Jet fans have seen one too many parachute passes land in the other team's hands.

Kerry Rhodes made the most sense. If Favre is going to commit to all of the off-season work the rest of the team does, it's worth discussing. But we don't need him doing nothing all Spring except talking to ESPN, then deciding in July or August that he wants to give it another go.

Sandra
And that's what a good teammate does. I'm sure that the anonymous source was talking about similar things like putting in the extra work after practice, going over the playbook with his receivers, etc.

Com on now guys , Farve been breaking down for the last few years now. His time as a football player is over. He should have stayed in Green Bay and retired with good stats. All he's doing is making himself look bad. Yea its not all his fault, But alot of it is.

We are not discussing that. YES, he is at fault to SOME of the collapse...but when players come out to the media and starts pointing fingers and does not evaluate HIS responsibility in this....then that is just crying like a baby.

Not only are his teammates throwing Favre under the bus, it looks like potential HC candidates are too:

A source familiar with Cowher's thinking said before last night's decision came down that the former Steeler boss would have to receive assurances from the Jets that the 39-year-old Favre no longer was in the picture before agreeing to take control.

"There's no way he's taking Brett Favre as his quarterback," said one person close to Cowher.

BILL TELLS JETS LOOK ELSEWHERE; FAVRE TO BLAME? - New York Post

Let's get something straight to all JETS fans.....you guys were NOT "a missing piece away from being a Super Bowl contender"...But the moment you guys got Brett Favre, you guys thought you were. NOW that he didn't get the JETS there, suddenly ALL of the ills that prevented you from going to the playoffs, was his fault.:rolleyes:

Exactly. The 2007 4 & 12 Jets would have been ONE notch above the Lions without Brett. Not saying things couldn't have been better, but Brett playing hurt is still ALOT better than many quarterbacks playing totally well. Why didn't Chad Pennington play as well as he did for Miami? I wanted to see Brett have a good end of the year and go to the playoffs, but it is what it is.

This is different. This is a possible candidate wanting HIS kind of QB at the helm. ALL possible coaches I think want their own guy/s in.
Not really. How many times have you seen existing players given as a possible reason to take yourself out of the running??

Obviously, coaches want to choose their QBs, there's nothing wrong with that. And that's what makes this coaching hire difficult as long as Favre is there. No one wants to be the one to cut him.

Not only are his teammates throwing Favre under the bus, it looks like potential HC candidates are too:

BILL TELLS JETS LOOK ELSEWHERE; FAVRE TO BLAME? - New York Post
I think Cowher is really smart in avoiding a Jimmy Johnson-Dan Marino type situation. Although Marino was still performing pretty well; Johnson, in deference to Marino, could never make the team what he wanted it to be. That also came to an ugly end -- a 62-7 blowout loss to the Jaguars in the playoffs.

Not sure how many potential HC candidates would want to come in with a well past his prime Brett Favre at QB. Bring in a Cassel or whatever other free agent QB's are out there. It's been proven within the right system retreads like Jeff Garcia, Kerry Collins and even Kurt Warner can thrive. So can rookies like Ryan and Flacco.

But walk into a place where Brett Favre is in charge of the offense, and if something goes wrong many people will not allow you to blame Favre. Look at this thread. The people defending him aren't even saying much how crappy he played this year.

And make no mistake...whatever their record was last season, Brett Favre played below average this season, and had an absolutely disastrous last month of the season.

But criticize the almighty Brett, and ESPN, Peter King, and every armchair forum poster tells you it's not his fault...so it must be the coach.

Sandra

What was the Jets record without Favre the season before? I thought they were over-achieving when they were winning in the first 3 months of the season. It looked like Favre just ran out of gas at the end of the year. This happens when you stick around a year too long.

Not sure how many potential HC candidates would want to come in with a well past his prime Brett Favre at QB. Bring in a Cassel or whatever other free agent QB's are out there. It's been proven within the right system retreads like Jeff Garcia, Kerry Collins and even Kurt Warner can thrive. So can rookies like Ryan and Flacco.

But walk into a place where Brett Favre is in charge of the offense, and if something goes wrong many people will not allow you to blame Favre. Look at this thread. The people defending him aren't even saying much how crappy he played this year.

And make no mistake...whatever their record was last season, Brett Favre played below average this season, and had an absolutely disastrous last month of the season.

But criticize the almighty Brett, and ESPN, Peter King, and every armchair forum poster tells you it's not his fault...so it must be the coach.

Sandra

Like I have said, I am not a Brett Favre fan....but critizing him in private, point him out IN THE LOCKER ROOM...but to the media...and then sit there and pretend you had not part in the collapse? PLEASE..!!:rolleyes:

JETS fans knew full well what they MIGHT get in Favre...but most that I spoke to thought he was 'he final piece of the puzzle to lead them to the promise land'.
NO ONE that I have seen post on the subject has said it's "not fair".....But what I have seen is the usual, JETS fans wanting to blame Favre because he is the obvious scapegoat. I mean, it MUST have been HIS fault that the defense, in the final 6 games was giving up AN AVERAGE of close to 28 points per game.:rolleyes:
Like I have said....YES, he was part of a major collapse by the team and YES he should get ripped by his team if they need to....but when a teammate wants to have at it at another...do it in private.

one thing is obvious . . . the final game of the season, the Jets were not running their usual offense . . . Mangenius, Favre, Management, whose ever's decision it was, was a stupid one . . . by the second pick, you need to establish running and some screen passes rather than go for the gold!

one thing is obvious . . . the final game of the season, the Jets were not running their usual offense . . . Mangenius, Favre, Management, whose ever's decision it was, was a stupid one . . . by the second pick, you need to establish running and some screen passes rather than go for the gold!

:up You think? LOL!