Worst Team Ever?

Just record, probably not anything else, from what I've seen and heard, the 0-14 Bucs were a lot worse. They also extended that record to like 0-26 including the following season.

I don't know the Bucs history, but the organization as a whole may be able to claim that, under the reign and shortly after of Matt Millen.

Well Detroit is 0-16 do you think they are the worst team ever?

nope....Record wise yeah but I've seen some BAD teams that make this team much better

example (hypothetical)
going 0-16 but having 5 losses by 3 points or less, 2 blowouts and the rest within 10 points

or

2-14 but being blown out by more than 10 points 8 times in a year and both wins were by a FG

Just record, probably not anything else, from what I've seen and heard, the 0-14 Bucs were a lot worse. They also extended that record to like 0-26 including the following season.

I don't know the Bucs history, but the organization as a whole may be able to claim that, under the reign and shortly after of Matt Millen.

that's right! i looked at the highlights of that season a few days ago for the 2nd time.

Those Bucs were worse.

Calvin Johnson led ALL wide recievers in TD's with 12.

I don't think the 1976 Bucs had 12 touchdown passes as a team!

They are the worst team ever like the last years Dolphins, will it be Lions year next year?

Keep in mind that the '76 Buc's were an EXPANSION team.
This team has been around for ages.

Jimbo

Exactly, the Lions did this the old fashioned way. Years and years of total mismanagement. No question in my mind who's worse. I've seen them both, TB would have beaten this team. The Lions have at least 20 guys on the roster who won't be on ANY roster next season.

Exactly, the Lions did this the old fashioned way. Years and years of total mismanagement. No question in my mind who's worse. I've seen them both, TB would have beaten this team. The Lions have at least 20 guys on the roster who won't be on ANY roster next season.

Close second would be the pirates.

Pittsburgh Pirates...Rebuilding since 1979.:(

Well it can't get any wose than this, only better next year :)

Sure it can Claude !

Now the question should be:

How many games in a row will the Lions extend this record too ?

Of course no one has seen the schedule for next year , but Do we really NEED to see who they play anyways ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Bucs were an expansion but they did go 0-22 (I think) in the first two years (remember it was 14 game seasons then).

In any case, Lions have the pick of the litter with the draft and with a good mgmt team, they should do well in a couple of years

Bucs were an expansion but they did go 0-22 (I think) in the first two years (remember it was 14 game seasons then).

In any case, Lions have the pick of the litter with the draft and with a good mgmt team, they should do well in a couple of years

Lions ALWAYS have the pick of the litter, they are always a top 5 pick team .... hasn't done them much good so far !

Jimbo

Jimbo that is because of poor management which is why I added that caveat . . . with a good mgmt team

Your not catching on, the Fords don't know how to hire a GOOD management team, they have been trying since the bought the team .... maybe trying is not the right word, but they have be re assembling people since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)